Bradford/West Yorkshire VCDS recoder needed !

Jonny.BOY

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have recently bought a 2007 1.9TDI special edition A3 from auction and I have been searching through Google most of the weekend trying to find out how to enable Miles to empty & Outside temperature as it seems this doesn't come standard with this model !

I have spent the last few hours reading through and you guys really do know what you are doing.

It seems that they have restricted these modes on the special edition model for some reason and the only way to activate these modes is with VCDS recoding. It doesn't have stalk control but from what others have said you can activate these modes, just not toggle through them.

Who's the best person to speak to about this around these neck of the woods ?

Cheers guys,

Jonny

Last edited:
Just look on the vcds map and get in touch with the guys and girls closest to you see if they can help jonny boy

Cheers pal. just messaged a local guy.

just thought it would be more polite to make a post rather than beg for favours haha.

Well happy too help just had some tweaks on mine today but need get my own lead sorted now just so much can be done pay for there selfs in no time

Yeh they don't really seem that hard to use. its just the expense if you are only going to use it once or twice !

I can't believe that 'special edition' means barebone basic model !

I thought I was getting a real bargain from the car auction. Still happy with the car its just not having outside temp/mpg and miles to empty is a pain in the **** when i drive 100+ miles a day for work.

i should of spent my car allowance on a newer model rather than pocket the rest haha. you live an learn !

If you still need this looking into then give me a shout and i'll have a look for you

That would be awesome Ju. I cant seem to PM you.

when's best for you mate ?