Bought the wife a new car.

Don76

Reaction score
Not an A3, but a member of the VAG family.
The new polo GTi.
Oryx White (£950 option!!!) - miles nicer than my Glacier white.

1.8T 192ps. Drives like a dream compared to her JCW that we traded in.

Uploadfromtaptalk1441563263972

Uploadfromtaptalk1441563285236

Reactions: Tfsi gone, Snake Pliskin, Martinbanshee and 5 others
Dealers quoting 6months lead time on them, so I guess they'll become more popular in time.

The standard mmi is better than my A3. It allows SMS messages on the screen plus you get artwork on DAB.

The standard LED lights are better than my xenons too.

Sounds a bit tame compared to pops and bangs of the old jcw.

I like them I've seen a few more about then the previous model

Looks nice, tartan inside or did you go for the black option?

A friend of mine picked hers up this week, what a lovely car, classy, solid and with great performance!

A good choice, enjoy it!!

S1.... Better looking sorry

Ooh, a close call......Possibly in 3 door certainly not 5 door.

The Polo media system is way better and I really like the Jacara but as a change I'd go polo GTI right now plus a significant amount of change left over.

S1 probably edges it for me too. But quite a bit more expensive.

The polo was £500 deposit and £225 per month on a 4yr PCP.
S1 was over £100 more each month.

S1 probably edges it for me too. But quite a bit more expensive.

S1 was over £100 more each month.

It's amazing how little cars can cost now and at that price then I'm sorry the S1 wouldn't get a second thought from me.

It's amazing how little cars can cost now and at that price then I'm sorry the S1 wouldn't get a second thought from me.
Totally agree. Little wonder new car sales figures continue to rise every month.

Pretty nice motor. My daughter would love it! She's just starting driving lessons and really fancies a Polo.

I don't think Dad will be stumping up for a GTI though, even if we could insure it!! ;)

Reactions: Blackwhite
wow bargain! around £160 less than my S3 over the same term and a smaller deposit. I was driving today and couldn't get over 50mph on an hour's drive from Crewe to Wirral, speed limits and slow drivers keeping me slow :( sometimes I wonder if having 300bhp is too much!!!

Reactions: Muttley75
i'm sorry to say but this should really be kept to the audi a3 8v related. if you bought your wife a new car thats great but it should be in general more than this sub forum. Why aren't the moderators moving this or locking the thread? Might as well talk about my dad's new GTR on this sub forum then...

Pretty nice motor. My daughter would love it! She's just starting driving lessons and really fancies a Polo.

I don't think Dad will be stumping up for a GTI though, even if we could insure it!! ;)
1yrs free insurance and 2yrs free servicing. Although gotta be 25 for the free insurance on GTi.

Reactions: Simon L
Can you get the S3 in that white as I really like it....... :tonguewink:

If only there were as competitive pricing deals on the S3.

I also note that the lead time is comparable to the S3.

I just sold my S3 but would like something like this as a 2nd car.

There you go, thread back on track.

Just looked at the interior shot. So does the car have an option to move the steering wheel from side to side?:yum:

My wifes had the new Polo GTI since its launch in March.
Not overly impressed with it. Ride quality is terrible, its a bit rattly and heavy on fuel...in fact we are seriously considering trading in for an A1.
It is nippy tho, I will give it that!

Traded in a Polo 1.2 r line wheb we bought it .....that was a much better built car with a lot less wind noise.

On the positive side, we paid £17200 for the GTI and are now being offered £15000 on trade in after 2000 miles and 6 months, pretty happy with that.

i'm sorry to say but this should really be kept to the audi a3 8v related. if you bought your wife a new car thats great but it should be in general more than this sub forum. Why aren't the moderators moving this or locking the thread? Might as well talk about my dad's new GTR on this sub forum then...
If he did then his friends in here wouldn't have seen it :) On second thoughts....it is related, it's his 8v's family member ;):p
Doesn't matter that much where it is....does it???

Reactions: Simon L and Don76
My wife has an Audi A1 1.6TDI SE at the moment but she has a new Polo 1.2 TFSI SE on order for delivery in October. When we took one out for a test drive the ride was much better and more comfortable than the A1.

I thought I was going to see an A1 ...... How refreshing to see a Polo GTi :sunglasses:

Love these cars too.

Great colour looks really smart - bet your wife loves it.

Great choice & really approve :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Reactions: veeeight, Don76 and Simon L
Thanks fella
The colour is impossible to photograph. It has so much flake in the paint that it changes from white to silver to gold depending on the light.

I have got an idea for my wife's next car. Great for the shopping...

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
The funny thing is we have just received a batch of them in work!
Their like fast golf carts and will hit 50mph - in hysterical fashion :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Simon L
Dominos mate ;)

I really work for a Global American Chemical Company and we are having these to replace our white fleet vans..

They are hysterically fun.. They sound & feel like their accelerating faster than an S3 and your literally sitting looking at the road in a golf cart with windows all up to 70kph :racer:

Bet top gear do something in one of these soon...