Bought myself an a3! A couple questions

James94

Reaction score
hey guys, I bought an a3 1.8t in December and found out it was using 1litre of oil in under 1000km which is heaps. Luckily it was under the stat warranty, and the consumption test showed I used 1.5 litres in 900km so I get a free engine rebuild. So my questions are

What actually gets replaced in the engine rebuild?

What are some mods I can do to the car?

At least the piston rings but could even be the whole engine block, depends on what they find on stripdown. Lucky warranty Eh!

As for mods, there are hundreds of things you can do, just look at loads of thread titles, you'll find some that suit you.

At least the piston rings but could even be the whole engine block, depends on what they find on stripdown. Lucky warranty Eh!

As for mods, there are hundreds of things you can do, just look at loads of thread titles, you'll find some that suit you.

Ahh okay, yeah very lucky! I was thinking it was gonna be so costly coz I’d have to go through Audi Australia, but then I remembered I have a 3 month stat warranty which would cover it :)

Ah thanks! I will do that

Just make sure you have a good job as it could be a costly business the mods and they become addictive

Just make sure you have a good job as it could be a costly business the mods and they become addictive

Haha trust me, I know! I had a Lexus gs300 which I put a lot of money into which was in an accident

Always better to have a good idea before venturing into the mod work . I have 2 friends 1 spent a pretty penny on full conversion from A3 1.8 to Rs3 and the other less say has put in the upper side off 5000 into his 61 plate .

Lol yes!
Too bad not too many moders (is that even a word?) in London (central) so I can’t do a lot by myself. Otherwise getting a CAT-B as a group exercise would have been fun!

That’s pretty cool though! I don’t think my partner will let me do many mods just yet, need to plan our wedding

Lol yes!
Too bad not too many moders (is that even a word?) in London (central) so I can’t do a lot by myself. Otherwise getting a CAT-B as a group exercise would have been fun!
1 off my friends you have spoke to on here is from central London and he has well mod his car well inside n engine plus mind @Ash187 plus @NHN are retrofitters down there lol

That’s pretty cool though! I don’t think my partner will let me do many mods just yet, need to plan our wedding
Best way mate make her happy firat then open another bank account for car .
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::rock:

Run your engine in as if it was a brand new car.
Avoid over revving or labouring in too high a gear.

Reactions: James94