bought my HID kit today

J45SON

Reaction score
ended up with the HID conversion kit from HID Direct, 6000k @ 50w so should do the job!! getting them fitted in the morning so can't wait to see the difference. i feel like a kid at christmas again with a new toy.

a bit sad i know. will keep you posted as to what i think.

Haha I'd be the same! Look forward to hearing how you get on :icon_thumright:

ha i was like that today when i got my boot spolier put on i was all look at that bad boy my partner is yeah whatever lol
us men and are toys a :hubbahubba:

i've not bothered telling the wife - i know what her reaction would be.. "WTF???!!!!!!???" on bulbs!!!!!

she doesn't see the point, so i need not tell her. although she was wondering why i had a smile on my face all evening and wanted to go for a wee drive

hahahahahaha its not like they dont spend any money when we are like how much for that bag s***t lol

Hahaha yeah my mrs is the very same. She looks at me gone out when I look out the window and stare at my car and Grin at my shiney Tailpipes......or is that just me!
She thinks I got Issues :noway:
...She just says I should buy her some New Boobs instead of "Throwing your money away". Duhhhhh Yeah right 'o', Do one Love - Jurys out on that one:asskicking:!!!

...She just says I should buy her some New Boobs instead

Love it!!!! my mrs want's some of them too, but hey once the novalty's worn off, i'd rather spend it on my car:respekt:

Love it!!!! my mrs want's some of them too, but hey once the novalty's worn off, i'd rather spend it on my car:respekt:

Mr good lady has suggested them also but I think we're waiting until we've finished having kids first. I am going to suggest Lola Ferrari style ones, lol. In the mean time then, I can spend on my car. But on a side note, do you honestly think the novelty will wear off? I am still like a kid at christmas with boobs, they never get boring, lol.

Back on topic...Let us know what you think of the HID's mate, I am so undecided about them due to the problems I read that people have. If they do work great it'd be nice to have a link as to where you got them from.

you guys are like looking in a mirror lol evan when it comes to the other harlf.

im the same as crazy88 with the HIDs iv looked at some on ebey but would have idea what ones i should buy.
so just thought about nightbrakers insted as a few guys recommended them.

you guys all date the wrong women , my girl spends more on her car than i do!

and when she has 36Gs already bigger boobs arn't and issue.

ha i was like that today when i got my boot spolier put on i was all look at that bad boy my partner is yeah whatever lol

Simon this cracked me up lol. My other half say's the same thing every time i point out something new on the car.

HID's are ok i had them last year but after a few week's they started to pack up, and one night they went crazy ( on/off ) i gave up on them in the end a just put the stock bulb back in.

When I fitted my 18" RS6's my wife couldn't tell them apart from my 16" Trapez's .... :blink:

Nearly had my HID's three years, and with the exception of one failed ballast they've never missed a beat!

~15 years ago, upgraded my Sony 29" Black 4:3 TV for a Sony 32" Silver 16:9 TV - Girlfriend at the time took 2 hours to notice the TV had changed as had swapped them when she was out!

On the Boob front - more than a handful is a complete waste - so make sure you spec. any remedial work correctly!
:yes:

well, after 3 hours in the auto electricians today, and them removing £140 for the pleasure, i have tested out the lights tonight.

now, 1st impressions are, they are amazingly bright, compared to what i used to have. once fitted the instructions say to keep them on for at least 15mins, so i was driving about in the sunshine with a smile on my face with my new HID's on. all i could think about was... can the oncoming traffic tell i have fancy lights on?? sad?? yep.

obviously i couldn't wait until dark and although i'm recovering from an operation, i made an excuse to "go for a run".

TBH - not as good as i had hoped. the road is definately brighter, but the distance is not as good as i had hoped, so i think it needs to be adjusted on one of those machines the MOT guy's use to check for beam height etc. so i'll get that done tomorrow hopefully.

anyway, here are some pics...

1st, with just the new dipped lights on:

download

now with the main beam on too:

download

i hope that once i have the adjustment done then it'll be better. if thats the best it'll be, then, £70 - odd for the kit plus the fitting isn't worth it.

let me know your thoughts guys.

ps. my wife wants a nose job.... will try to get her to get the boobies done at the same time.

win-win

nore can i im wondering if you get your wife to have a job will you put the pics up of that too lol

some times they dont upload right and you have to re do them :icon_thumright:

ok have that one:icon_thumright: you using face book or some think like that i had this problem when i tryed to use that.

nah, managed to load it directly from saved pics on laptop, then ended up using flickr.

thoughts on the image?

They look ok to me, pretty much what my 6000k's are like. In honesty I think with all the hype around HID's its only natural to be a bit disappointed when you actually do fit them!

Here you go:

4442038410_2e19553ab2.jpg

i'm getting the chav/xmas lights fitted when the led's arrive..... don't know what everyones thoughts are on those... lol

well its a much briter light thats for sure im going to have to some thing with mine if not just for safty.
and to match the leds i put in the side lights. can i ask i see you wished youed got a beemer dont think there lights are any better lol

can i ask i see you wished youed got a beemer dont think there lights are any better lol

funny you ask that, the week i bought the a4, i almost got a 530d, but my boss at the time was an audi fan and talked me into getting the audi. more or less, not long after i got it, i had massive problems and have spent close to £7k on it over the past 2 years. my wife hates me spending money on it, as no expence has been spared. it drives like new and has around 104k on the clock now. i often wonder if the bmw would have been a better option. i was just thinking that today... funny you mention it

oh right clears that up well i was looking at bmw`s before i got my audi and looked into it a lot and found bmw are not as good as they make out.
and thought better of it and now very glad i got me the audi as i love it to bits and it just seems to have more class on the road than a bmw and they all think they own
the road too lol

They do look like they are aimed a little low from your photo of just the dipped beam on. May be worth getting th alignment checked to make sure.

The other thing is that if you have fitted 6000k bulbs they aren't as good at lighting the road up as 4300k bulbs due to the blueness of the light.

I had 6000's in my Golf and soon swapped them for 4300k bulbs which are now in my Audi. The difference between the 6000k and 4300k is definitley noticeable and I'm glad I swapped them.

They also still show up blue to other road users due to the refraction? of the light as it goes through the projector lens. This is what causes the blue flicker you see as cars with these headlights pass you.