Bought An A3!

Jock1996

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this.

I've just picked up an 2006 A3 2.0TFSI S-line SE. 55k on the clock, had FSH and all the receipts even down to the receipts from the valets :astonished:. HPI was also clear. Manged to get it for £5995 :grin:. Good deal (I think)

I've joined the forum to get an idea of what modifications to carry out (both aesthetically and performance wise) and also to get tips on general maintenance.

So what tips have you got for a newbie :laughing:
IMG 3166

Nice car and welcome to the forum! Any little faults with the car?

I'd look at some of the common faults like the cam follower and the oil pick-up pipe and check that they are in good order. They aren't too expensive to replace either. I think there is even a video from a user on here (TimWills) on how to check your cam follower.

You could fit LEDs in place of the warm glow filament bulbs everywhere. You can also retrofit some parts like Cruise control, armrest, RNSE (Navigation), Interior light pack, Bi-xenon headlamps, heated seats/Recaros and more.

Check out some of the build threads to get an idea.

Reactions: Ruhel
Thanks for the replies guys i'll have a look at what you've suggested!
The only problem I can think of atm is a rattling noise when the car is in neutral (its a DSG). Any ideas?

Better put your mods on hold for a while. A rattling DSG doesn't bode well and I have no idea who can diagnose this problem. First I would check the gearbox and engine mountings are secure. Then ring around the Site Sponsors (elsewhere on the forum) to see who's good at fixing the box.

Reactions: James_TDi and TimWills28