Bought an 8v but weird shifting

Juan8v

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here but I had something I wanted to figure out. So I bought an a3 1.8T (s-line) auto/s-tronic from Carvana and ive only had it for 6 days. No issues at all but today I noticed that when in "manual" it gives like a small but noticeable thump going from M1 to M2. Once and only once (after a cold start)....after that the car drives like a dream the rest of the time driving. Anyone ever deal with this?

it's a 2016. heres a photo! Glad to have joined the forum.

Juan8V

Hello everyone! I am new here but I had something I wanted to figure out. So I bought an a3 1.8T (s-line) auto/s-tronic from Carvana and ive only had it for 6 days. No issues at all but today I noticed that when in "manual" it gives like a small but noticeable thump going from M1 to M2. Once and only once (after a cold start)....after that the car drives like a dream the rest of the time driving. Anyone ever deal with this?

it's a 2016. heres a photo! Glad to have joined the forum.

View attachment 242965
My 1.8 tfsi was the same. The 7 speed dsg was very jerky when cold, but like you said. Once warm it was fine

Hi and welcome to the forums mate, I have the 2017 2.0 petrol s-tronic in the A5 coupe and I've had that going from 1-2 whilst in auto, does sound a bit harsh when it does it, but it's only happened a few times in almost 4 years.

Reactions: Juan8v
Hi and welcome to the forums mate, I have the 2017 2.0 petrol s-tronic in the A5 coupe and I've had that going from 1-2 whilst in auto, does sound a bit harsh when it does it, but it's only happened a few times in almost 4 years.
Yeah it actually hasn't happened at all since posting this lol.

Reactions: S32B