Picture002.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

not great but am still learning

:)

Happy days, you cant go wrong with a Canon!.

I have 400 and its great, took some getting used to though compared to a compact camer but WELL worth it :)

yer its taking some getting used to like

I was looking at a canon eos 450,compacts are all I've run with since my practika SLR went into the attic

Good entry level DSLR to be honest the EOS450 for sure. I keep thinking about upgrading to another body but to be honest my 400 does everything I need it to!.

Welcome to the world of always wanting more lenses...the contents of my camera bag now owes me about £2k :uhm:

feck that haha, i have a few mates who do it they said i can borrow there lenses so that will do me, i want a 300mm one tho and i want a fish eye but they'll do me tbh if i need owt else i'll borrow ;)

A proper fisheye lens is actually pretty pointless!. I had one for a while but hardly ever used it.

Sigma 10mm - 20mm is a far more useable lens and super wide so you can get some cool shots with it (semi fisheye almost at 10mm).

A 70-300mm is a good idea though.

T

Some nice pics there mate. You really can't go wrong with Canon. I have had mine for a month or so now and still delete more pictures than I keep LOL. Like others have said, wouldn't bother with the fisheye...save your money and get a good 70-300mm with IS if you can afford it

WOW, some nice pics there dude, I really want a DSLR, but will have to just wait for a while i guess :(

Gav your 1st and 3rd pics, how do you get it so that it zooms in and blurs the back out, is that how the photo is taken or is this something done on PSHOP???

Thats depth of field. What that means is that the camera has been focused on a set point (which you decide). Due to the camera being focused on a specific point it means that the back ground will be blurred.

Apologies for the hijack but this will show what I mean a bit better....

On this shot you can see that area I wanted in focus what the frame under the petrol tank, that means that ONLY that point is in focus and everything else is out of focus...

2584496501_fbc07b8ebc.jpg

Same thing on this shot.... I only wanted to focus on the 'S' on the tank, due to the lens I was using having a very shallow DOF it means the 'S' is super sharp and the background is out of focus.

2584490485_887a2bb503.jpg

Its very cool when you get it right, and some lenses have a shallower DOF than others. This one is about as shallow as it gets (50mm f1.8 prime lens).

Here's something that I reckon can explain it better than I can!.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

hijack over! :)

Gav,

In todays shot the sky looks a bit burnt out and the car has a lot of reflections on it. Try a polarising filter, will help a lot with vehicle shots as it takes the glare and reflections out ;)

Welcome to expensive photography!.

T

ive gotta admit i did alot of editing to that to get it like that, as i totaly balls'd up when i took it, tooked fine on the preview but when i got home it wasnt. i am gonna invest in one of the thm tho :)

Every days a school day!.

I always take shots and then when I get them onto my PC I think 'meh' and end up trying to rescue it.

Are you shooting in auto?. If you use some of the manual settings you can shoot in RAW mode that means you can do more post shoot processing to get things back etc.

T

ive had it on "M" since ive got it, only way too learn, im eding up taking bout 20pics of one thing haha, but im learning though :)luckily a few of my mates who do it for a hobby or extra money so they are helping me out with bits im stuck on

Awesome, as you say.....the only way to learn!.

:)

Looks wicked Gav, A BIG improvment on the car by the rings, Surround and splitter :) Looks good, My 350D is turning up on Tuesday/Wednesday so ill be taking 100's of one thing untill i get it right lol.