Bottom pulley!?

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
My bottom pulley has started to make a squeaking noise.. don't suppose this is common with an easy fix?.. please say yes.

I'm fearing the worst and shredded knuckles.

Assuming its just the rubber bit, i have a spare. Its not that old mate, you are welcome to it. But double, nay triple check that the bottom crank pulley bolt is tight, i had that last time i destroyed a head it was due to the bolt being loose

That'd be brilliant mate cheers.

I know.. I really need to check it but just have no time at the minute to get the lock carrier off!! Don't really want to be driving it until I've checked it over but haven't got an alternative at the mo.

Mate, that pulley bolt is "get at able" without removing the lock carrier 19mm bihex socket and a short extension stuff the car in gear and push,lol

Any need to use a torque wrench or just give it some muscle power? Would be ****** if I stripped the thread.

You mean access from the top past the belts?

Access straight through the center mate. You won't strip this bad boy, it's usually a tw&t to remove, but there have been cases of them removing themselves and shearing the key and, well the rest is history. Thats why i have that pulley, i stuck it on mine as it was noisey, a few weeks later, BANG. And when i changed it all over i forgot to put the new pulley on

Through the centre? What about the rad? I assumed you'd either need to reach down from the top to reach the socket or up from the bottom (bumper off).

So just crank it like a mofo then lol

Sorry reach down, or from below. Eitherway you can get a socket to it mate.

My fault for not reading what i post,lol

Sorry reach down, or from below. Eitherway you can get a socket to it mate.

My fault for not reading what i post,lol

Cheers.. thought that's what you meant lol

Just went to tighten a minute ago, took the air duct out, removed the timing belt plastic cover for more clearance and then realised somebody has borrowed the ****** socket set!!

Mark.. you're a life saver.

Managed to get a half turn on the bolt!!

Still got a squeak from the belt but I can live with that until I get time to replace it.

what bolt?
Pulley to crank pulley allen bolt?