bottle in display

jay22s3

2nd gear sorts em out
Reaction score
can anybody tell me what the symbol is that keeps pinging on the dash in the square in the middle it looks like a bottle its not the one for the screen wash its dosent come on all the time just now and then and its driving me crazy !

Time for a whiskey?.:beerchug:

Reactions: The Doctor and newbster
C'mon then , I'm intreagued,, do you have a pic yet!!

Reactions: cammage08
IMG 0597 right heres a picture of the symbol anybody know what it means !

Looks similar to the brake light bulb symbol hard to make out with your faulty DIS

had all the bulbs out and cleaned the connectors fluid level is ok discs n pads where all new on the front last year

brake light failure, try replacing the bulbs, just being daft here but you checked the brake lights are working?

mark

Looks like the brake warning light...but it's not red...check your brake fluid level maybe?

i have that flash up every now and then. have u checked high level brake light?

I have this light it comes on all the time, I thought it was my AC needing re-gassing lmao

Surely it has to do with the braking .. As all circles with brackets on the outside are brake related (orange or red)
This is a right mystery!

Brake light bulbs might be on their way out/ corroded/ loose. Also could be related to a faulty brake light switch so worth doing a VCDS scan.

Shooting in the dark here (as usual) but when pressing the check button in the dashboard (the button next to the odometer/trip reset button) doesn't it introduce this symbol? I see your screen has a bunch of pixels missing so it might be unreadable, but maybe you could make something out.

Usually when pressing the check button, it introduces a bunch of symbols and says what they're about, but I cannot remember whether it introduced all of them or just the more critical ones. Worth a shot I guess.

This is the Brake Light Failure symbol......IIRC the rear bulbs have two filaments inside each bulb (side lights and brake lights).

Brake Light Failure