Both Tail lights stopped working!! URGENT!!

Syed1999

Reaction score
Audi A3 1.6 TDI 2011

Was trying to activate rear DRLs last night with VagCom and made a change and all of a sudden both my Rear taillights have stopped working and have gotten warning lights on dash. Rear indicators and brake lights working.

Scan on VCDS says ‘000984 and 000985 - Open or Short to plus’

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Ok 3 or 5dr

Do you have old coding & what did you change.

Ok 3 or 5dr

Do you have old coding & what did you change.
Stupidly didn’t save my old colding, it’s a 3 door. I changed the Drl setting in the Central electronics to the rest of the world setting which said Front and Rear Drl, can plug it back in and send some pictures if that would help?

Much appreciated

Always scan and save before you touch any coding/adaptations. Will save your ***

Always scan and save before you touch any coding/adaptations. Will save your ***

Totally agree, I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but first thing I ever do is get phone out and snap a few pics before I touch anything!
Hope you get it sorted though....

Can you change Byte 18 back to 2B in central electrics long coding?

Thanks for the all the help guys, Managed to find an Auto Scan saved somewhere in my laptop from a few months ago and got the old Central Electrics long coding from there and popped it in and everything is sorted now

Can you change Byte 18 back to 2B in central electrics long coding?
It was already on 2B and i was getting crazy bulb out signs on the dash and the rear lights and brake lights just wouldn’t work, tried changing it to 2A and 2C but just wouldn’t save, but eventually got it sorted mate