Bose to Aftermarket harness adaptor

JayMc

Searching for 6th gear
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to swap out my standard double din bose head-unit on my a4 avant s-line, for my pioneer avh single din hu i had in by b6. After lots of searching and a few phone calls to car audio dealers i'm looking at using Connects2 ctkau09 full fitting kit. My question is has anyone had any experience with this kit? I like the sound of the bose system and dont want to loose any quality in sound or get any annoying whining or hissing sounds as reported by a few people when using other adapters. Any advise would be greatly appreciated before i order the kit.

I recently replaced my double din concert2+ head unit and I have the full bose with mfsw control config in my avant.
I finally went with another double din unit , pioneer item, had to get a connects2 full bose kit with quad lock etc and it does work very well, not cheap at nearly £80 but that was the full fitting kit to do the install, new chassis and facia , all the looms etc and arial adapter for fakra plug..
after a week of using it I am very happy, sound quality is fantastic with no reduction in quality over oem unit atall.
IMG 20161120 113229 2

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.raw and JayMc
I recently replaced my double din concert2+ head unit and I have the full bose with mfsw control config in my avant.
I finally went with another double din unit , pioneer item, had to get a connects2 full bose kit with quad lock etc and it does work very well, not cheap at nearly £80 but that was the full fitting kit to do the install, new chassis and facia , all the looms etc and arial adapter for fakra plug..
after a week of using it I am very happy, sound quality is fantastic with no reduction in quality over oem unit atall.
View attachment 110781
Great stuff just what i wanted to hear. I'll be ordering a kit soon. Thanks

one thing to keep in mind aswell with the connects2 kits, if you have to use the fakra ariel adapter which has the blue power lead, make sure you connect the blue cable to a decent switched 12v supply and you get a good clean and secure connection otherwise you'll get a lesser quality radio reception if any etc , also some background hissing.