Bose system or not

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
How can you tell if your car has a Bose system or not????

my 1999 1.8T has a CD changer in the boot situated on a black box (what is this box) and has loads of tweeters inside, it has one in each door and two in each pillar in the middle of the car, one pointing forward and on pointing back it has normal speakers int the door and in the back,

does any one know

The Black box is probabbly the sub. If the sub has an Audi grill like mine then its not a bose system. I think the bose sub has 2 round grills also but other bose owners can confirm that.

you should have silver trim on the driver/ front passenger doors around your speakers with the top having embossed "BOSE Sound System" on them.

my sub as a sticker on the side that says bose and also when i fire it up on the lil screen. sounds better than the concert i used to have.

my sub as a sticker on the side that says bose and also when i fire it up on the lil screen. sounds better than the concert i used to have.

And the overall sound system coming out of a late cheepo fiesta is better than the BOSE circa 8 years old !

Bose sub has two 4" drivers and non Bose has a single 6.5" driver. Bose sub has a black plastic front and non Bose has a silver metal front.
Bose on the HU means absolutely nothing it is just a VAGCOM setting. It does not mean you have Bose!
Easier way to tell: if there is lots of woolly rumbly bass and the treble & bass controls seem to do very little then it's Bose
If you fade to front and the bass disappears altogether then it's non Bose.

Am i right in thinking there should be a silver AMP in the boot compartment on the drivers side?? Mine has. Is this part of the BOSE SYSTEM or a Extra??