bose sub in boot

dusty

Reaction score
hi ive just bought a 2001 s3, the chap who i bought it off has fitted an aftermarket bass box and amp in the boot that i would like to remove as it takes most of the boot up, i have noticed he has used the audi wiring loom from the bose sub on the left handside of the boot, to connect to the aftermarket sub and amp, i assume there should be a plug to connect the wiring to the bose sub which has been removed, does anyone know where the connection point on the bose sub is, as im going to have to get a new plug to connect my wiring back up to the original sub, thanks in advance, Paul.

You can easily tap into the wiring that is left (presumably the plug has been cut off). The left & right pre-outs will be going to the RCA leads that they've used to feed the aftermarket amp/sub, along with the screens and the remote on trigger. You just need to connect these to the small female spade connectors and plug them into the corresponding feeds on the Bose sub. The only other connections are the perm live and the earth.
BosePinouts.jpg

Connect these up and job done.

thanks for that i will take a look at it when it stops raining, im not very good with electrics, will the cut audi loom wires, be the same colours as the loom from the bose sub/amp

Should be but Bose tend to use a lot of black & white for everything. As I said you should already know which are the left & right signal feeds, screens and remote on as these will already be being used for the aftermarket amp. So the only ones you need to figure out are the perm live and earth which is easily done with a 12v testing screwdriver.

ok ive removed the 6 disc changer to get access to the sub/amp, ive found the cable coming out of the sub/amp but the plug has been cut off there are seven wires coming from the sub/amp, coloured red, blue, brown, 2 black and 2 white anyone know if red is live, brown earth, blue remote and are the two blacks and two whites remote thanks

Yes all correct, the whites are the 2 screens and the blacks the left and right signals (pre-outs). Helpfully they are not paired so you'll just have to connect everything up and swap over the screens to see what gives the best result. It doesn't matter which way the blacks are connected but you may get some interference if the screens are not paired correctly.