Bose sound system retro-fit

bradski

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Interested in an Audi S3 but it doesn't have the Bose sound system I was after. Has anyone here retro-fitted it and what work does it take? My assumption is radio and speakers would be a straight swap but does the concert system have a sub as standard? I guess it would be a pain to wire in the Bose sub if there isn't one there already to replace...

Any help appreciated guys.

Brads

AFAIK the Bose is a bit temperamental, in that its all or nothing. You need to get all the bits talking to each other properly, as the speakers have very low impedance. I had Bose fitted as standard and wasnt too impressed to be honest. I replaced it with an aftermarket Kenwood unit and its brilliant now...

Wouldn't bother mate, just upgrade to something decent, if you really want stealth, then andymac stealth sub(use the search) is what you are after.

If you are adamant though, you need then Bose Subwoofer, the Bose speaker all round, Bose amp that goes in the driverside rear quarter, wiring for it all, and the stereo needs to be activated for Bose output.

It is a waste to "upgrade" to BOSE, IMO. The BOSE system is particularly great, and whilst it may be an upgrade over the standard Nokia speakers it is nowhere near as good as a proper set up.

I reckon for the price BOSE systems are going for you'll be able to get some decent cheap new speakers, or even better second hand stuff on eBay or maybe local classifieds.

Depends how much you want to spend really, but the BOSE isn't all that.