1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bose sound system A6 le mans 2.7td

lee archer Mar 28, 2015

1. lee archer

lee archer New Member

Hi all, its great to be a member, anyway, ive just bought a le mans 2.7td and my friends has bose sound, and mine doent, is it an upgrade option at purchase, ours are both 2008.
    i also have no le mans badges at all.
    cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Hi Lee, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum, :) x

4. lee archer

lee archer New Member

Thankyou Sandra

5. JimPettipher

JimPettipher New Member

Hi Lee, I believe it's an Audi factory fit from new option. Jim

6. lee archer

lee archer New Member

ah makes sense. i read a brochure for 2006 and it ticked bose as standard but may mean its an option. sounds good anyway.

7. NotNormal

NotNormal Active Member VCDS Map User

I'm pretty certain that all the genuine Le Mans edition A6 C6 cars came with Bose as standard.
    The carry the LeMans badging, although it's a non cost option to remove these from factory.
    They came with the RS7 spoke 19" alloys as standard too

8. lee archer

lee archer New Member

i thought same, pretty confused as its got 6 cd changer etc, sounds amazing, but no bose option in menu

9. lee archer

lee archer New Member

my reg comes up as le mans, im getting paranoid the car isnt a le mans if you get me

10. lee archer

lee archer New Member

spoke to audi to get badges, and he checked the spec for my car when made, no bose was fitted no the badges lol

11. adcooper

adcooper Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line

Mines a 2008 Le Mans and no bose or badges though

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Darren92

Darren92 Well-Known Member

bose was never a standard on the c6, le mans badges were hit and miss on some le mans models infact there was a shortage of them at one time and getting them now is near impossible, in 09 the name changed to special edition.

if you have leather, rear pdc, interior light package, front heated seats + 19" rs4 wheels then you have a le mans.

have a look at the 2006 brochure (it didn't really change until 09) https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/UsedCars/Refresh/A6/A6 - Sept 06.pdf

mmi basic+ and mmi high bost run the audi dsp system which is middle of the road between the standard crappy speakers and the bose hence why it's still pretty good.

14. lee archer

lee archer New Member

awesome thankyou

15. RoyC

RoyC Active Member

If you have Bose then it will say so on the door bass speaker covers.
    audi__a6_2_7_tdi_navi_large_sports_seats_bose_sound_2008_6_lgw.jpg

Bose was an option.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  16. RoyC

RoyC Active Member

17. Darren92

Darren92 Well-Known Member

18. far2tall

far2tall Active Member

Bose was definitely an option (and not a cheap one at that - sounds great though). Mine is a '58 plate and didn't come with any Le Mans badges either. To be honest I think they look a bit **** anyway!

19. lee archer

lee archer New Member

mine does sounds really good. but i can imagine the bose being awesome, maybe the next one i get lol.
    ive not gone for badges, look ok on the back but not the wings, ive seen some with the sline on wings too, but il bet were added after.
    since joining ive not done much but get the paintwork looking good. leather clean etc.
    Still looking to get it mapped. seems flat in first and my mates is rapid in first, she has no idea if mapped though

20. far2tall

far2tall Active Member

The Bose is a fantastic system but as you say, the standard system is plenty good enough.
    It shouldn't be flat in first though - mine gets into second before you know it and that's just in drive, never mind sport. It is the 3.0 and a bit more powerful but I'm sure the 2.7 isn't slow! ...assuming you have the tiptronic auto as the manual boxes are very rare. That said does the 2.7 have multitronic instead?

21. lee archer

lee archer New Member

ive got the manual. in first its ok if rev, but if at a junction and dont give revs, it holds a little, from 2nd onwards its fast