Bose reception

flappytabs

flat stick in top (usually)
Reaction score
Got an A4 convertible, with Bose 6 disk.

all was fine until recently when intermittently the radio reception dissapears, and leaves just white noise.

some days it works some it doesnt, and there is no pattern.

i have checked all connections in the dash unit and they seem fine.

the ariel amp/sender unit is in the bootlid, is there a test i can do on this?

or has anyone else had similar problems:think:

cheers

Had similar problem in the past with symphony cd 6 disk changer, screen went red and no sound. thought about removing battery and replug again, then it worked. have you tried to unplug and plug battery again? it might do the trick. :think:

all of the displays work, and CD player works even when radio reception is off.

its almost like the ariel comes unplugged

The aerial cable will be damaged and breaking down where it passes from the bootlid into the car I reckon.

that was the first thing i checked.

it seems fine, and manipulating the cable doesnt make any difference

im 99% sure its a breakdown in the cable inside the rubber sleave that runs from the car to the bootlid, same old senario,wont do it when you want it to, pull back the rubber and youll find a kink in the coax cable.
did it in mine and sorted it then my mates cab had same prob,i didnt even check anything else,just pulled back rubber found the weak point cut it and re-joined it and cured!

Had similar problem in the past with symphony cd 6 disk changer, screen went red and no sound. thought about removing battery and replug again, then it worked. have you tried to unplug and plug battery again? it might do the trick. :think:

mine did the exact same thing as this, i pulled the fuse for the stereo as its always on even when the ignition isnt so that worked without disco'in the battery.