boring drive

Nice post spot on about middle aged men and s3's

Most Audi S3's l see driven about today especially in Sportback Form are driven by younger drivers in their mid 20's through to mid 30's driving like idiots mate

And the OP has been very stupid to buy the S3 thinking it was a Hot Hatch of which it aint...Most 1st time Audi S3 buyers when they visit a Audi showroom are initially overwhelmed by a Fancy Audi showroom surrounded by fab looking cars,they either buy it for the badge/interior quality and if they test drive the car are amazed by its straight line performance fact,as for me i'll be ordering my 3rd S3 later this year just because it's the ideal car for myself and for soooo many other reasons too long to list

Reactions: N.J.H and pburv
Most Audi S3's l see driven about today especially in Sportback Form are driven by younger drivers in their mid 20's through to mid 30's driving like idiots mate

And the OP has been very stupid to buy the S3 thinking it was a Hot Hatch of which it aint...Most 1st time Audi S3 buyers when they visit a Audi showroom are initially overwhelmed by a Fancy Audi showroom surrounded by fab looking cars,they either buy it for the badge/interior quality and if they test drive the car are amazed by its straight line performance fact,as for me i'll be ordering my 3rd S3 later this year just because it's the ideal car for myself and for soooo many other reasons too long to list
I drive s3 sportback fl 19 plate.find it a fantastic motor plenty power handles fine great interior but a hot hatch it ain't and I don't think it was ever meant to be.by the way am 56 years old and don't drive like a lunatic.

Reactions: N.J.H, pburv and Jassyo06
I drive s3 sportback fl 19 plate.find it a fantastic motor plenty power handles fine great interior but a hot hatch it ain't and I don't think it was ever meant to be.by the way am 56 years old and don't drive like a lunatic.

Got one year on ya....lol

Reactions: N.J.H, pburv and John Pilkington
It’s a hatch, it’s sold under Audi’s own sports banner, it’s equipped with Audi’s most ‘sporting’ power train, and with in excess of 300 HP under the bonnet and a price tag knocking on (and in many cases over) £40k, it better be scorching, toilet-paper-in-the-freezer, vindaloo with extra naga chillies hot.

Let’s be honest, the only thing ‘grown-up’ when comparing the S3 to other hot hatches, including it’s stablemate the Golf R, is the size of the wallet buying it, and the fashion choices and the breadth of the waistlines of the people sitting in it. The grown up element is a figment of PR, advertising and brand positioning. The S3 is the answer to the question “how do we sell Golf R’s and GTi’s to people who think they’re tainted a little to much with the odour of boy-racers, boom-boxes and backwards baseball caps?” The changes made make for a more sober, subtle and visually restrained car, which is mirrored in the choices made by the chassis dynamics team. It’s been designed to appeal to middle agers who like to pretend they’re still young, but prefer the labels on their designer t-shirts to be postage stamp sized, find the jiggly ride induced by properly sorted suspension to annoying, the noise generated by proper light-weighting irritating, and the hip hugging bolsters of proper sports seats to tight. People in fact, who are just like me...

The S3 goes like a rocket ship, and is a bit classier than the other cars that also go like rocket ships. The fact that it might not take the corners with as much panache is irrelevant, since to do so would needlessly shake up that nice bottle of 2015 Montrachet Picard I have in the boot, and bruise the fair-trade organic avocados in passenger footwell...

Oh cr*p, that’s me, even if the bolsters are a bit too wide.

I love my mid-life crisis S3 all the more and I do stretch it out where permitted as it’s a B-road monster.

Brilliant post BTW @GSB

Reactions: N.J.H, John Pilkington and pburv
Oh cr*p, that’s me, even if the bolsters are a bit too wide.

I love my mid-life crisis S3 all the more and I do stretch it out where permitted as it’s a B-road monster.

Brilliant post BTW @GSB
Probably only fun you can have with an s3 is on b roads

Reactions: pburv
Why is an S3 not a hot hatch?
Is a Golf GTI a hot hatch? Is a Golf R?

I wanna S3 but they stealing S3's no point have it

The curse of 4wd. FWD or RWD - two driven wheels are better than four for the "fun factor" the OP seeks IMHO. I had any S3 8V for a couple of years. Within a few of weeks of ownership I was bored. Got it remapped added adjustable dampers but was still bored. When I was in a position to change out I went for a completely impracticable Porsche Boxster Black run out edition (I didn't have a kid back then). Now that was a car I car that gave me goosebumps every time I drove it. The kid came along and using man maths decided a BMW 435 x-drive convertible was the car I needed for the rear seats. Again within a couple of weeks I was bored, remapped it and was still bored. It went like a rocket off the line but that was it's only party trick. Eventually settled on my current M3. It can be a handful to drive but I guess that's what makes it 'fun' especially in the wet. So to answer your question OP - you can chuck what you like at your S3 it will forever be boring - start searching for it's replacement :yes:

Reactions: KenL