Bored already

Banana split

Reaction score
I've had my S1 from about end of September and running a stage 1, but feel bored of it already. I'm debating whether to go stage 2, but is there much difference between stage 1 and 2 as all I need now it a full exhaust system look around 2k or do I just keep the car for another year and get a new RS3 ?

I know the feeling. I went RS3 from Stage 1 S1 and it's just what I was looking for.

I would probably go Stage 2. Do you need a full exhaust? I was under the impression that you just needed a downpipe with sports cat. Think you would need a clutch too if you are still running the standard one.

Chris

Reactions: DTYME83
i think ill be leaving the audi brand going back to lotus i think , this will be my 3rd

Always wanted a lotus but my drive disagrees, If someone could just make a exhaust to sound like the RS3 in dynamic mode this car will be fully satisfying for me. I got a cobra fitted and I feel like a boy racer :(

The stage two should give you around 20more bhp and 30ft/lbs. You don't have to go for a full exhaust to get the stage two just a DP is needed.

Always wanted a lotus but my drive disagrees, If someone could just make a exhaust to sound like the RS3 in dynamic mode this car will be fully satisfying for me. I got a cobra fitted and I feel like a boy racer :(
when i brought my first 1 the sales guy said in 12 months you ll hate it and get rid but in the following 12 months you ll want another ! he was very right , even new ones are noisy , uncomfortable , crashy on the road , horrible on motorway etc etc but i just love um !!

So I can run a stage 2 with just the down pipe ? Will the miltek one or scorpion 1 fit on to the cat back section ?

Reactions: DTYME83
when i brought my first 1 the sales guy said in 12 months you ll hate it and get rid but in the following 12 months you ll want another ! he was very right , even new ones are noisy , uncomfortable , crashy on the road , horrible on motorway etc etc but i just love um !!

I agree I love the raw basic-ness of them, a proper drivers car and a pocket supercar, they all look stunning aswell especially the exiges!

So I can run a stage 2 with just the down pipe ? Will the miltek one or scorpion 1 fit on to the cat back section ?
Don't know about those, but I'm 99% sure the BCS one does.

Chris

Yes they should both fit the stock catback only thing needed will be a reducer. The scorpion is a 2.75. And milltek 3''. You could then always upgrade your cat back at a later date. But the power will come from the DP

They normally supply it with the exhaust, but ask just to check. I had to have one when I fitted the milltek on my polo. It came with it.

Know nowt about the S1 but that Lotus sure looks sweet. This make a nice refreshing change for as post. If this was the A3(8v) forum people would all be moaning on about how bad the interior was compared to the A3, blah blah blah.

Someone at work has one (Not sure which model, its a few years old) and swears by it's merits as a drivers car.

Yes it will, however if you go with the miltek you will have have a miltek rear silencer unless you modify the downpipe (the miltek does however fit the the standard audi rear section) whereas the scorpion allows for any rear silencer.
DTYME83