Boot stuck help!

Jimmybeattie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've had a look around on here and on google but still haven't been able to get to the bottom of this. Basicly I emptied a load of stuff out of my boot without any issue. Went back to put something in the boot about 5mins later and it wouldn't open.
I normally just push the unlock button on my key fob and then press the button under the handle on the boot and you can hear it activate the actuator and it opens but now I hear no noise and it stays locked
I then tried to use the key in the manual unlock under the handle but it hasn't been used in years and won't budge a bit. I've tried spraying heaps of wd-40 over and in it but still no use.
The car is a saloon as well so I can't get in through the back so my boot is totally inaccessible
Any ideas?
Thanks

Mine always gets stuck too, might sound daft but you basically just need to click the button and yank the hell out of it, make sure it's not locked too of course. No idea what the actual cause is but happens allot on mine.

Yeah, first time I did it was the hardest but since then I'm just used to presuming it's going to be stuck. Just pull up like you normally would when it unlocks but 10x the force, could be something completely different but that's how mine goes.

Tried this today but even with all my strength I couldn't get it open!

How I opened mine was to get a long stick with a scwerdriver taped to the end and open up your ski hatch then with a tourch shine the light on your boot latch then try pop open the latch

Is it hot where you are? My actuator was on the way out and on hot days it would do this. Once the weather had cooled down at night I could open it. So I got a new actuator and replaced the old one.
Got this one for my avant. Not sure if your saloon will be the same though http://www.ebay.de/itm/321800936518
Note for anyone who buys this part - The original bolts don't fit the new part so I had to buy new bolts at a local motor factors.

It is slightly warmer than usual here but as this is Scotland it's still not that hot! Around 20c but I will give it a try in the evening when it's cooler. Thanks for the suggestion.

How I opened mine was to get a long stick with a scwerdriver taped to the end and open up your ski hatch then with a tourch shine the light on your boot latch then try pop open the latch

What am I aiming at if I try this? Thanks

Not sure if we can do something like this but I may have a poke around on mine with a few things when I can be bothered, probably going to rip all the trim out of mine too (because race car).

Hi guys,
I've had a look around on here and on google but still haven't been able to get to the bottom of this. Basicly I emptied a load of stuff out of my boot without any issue. Went back to put something in the boot about 5mins later and it wouldn't open.
I normally just push the unlock button on my key fob and then press the button under the handle on the boot and you can hear it activate the actuator and it opens but now I hear no noise and it stays locked
I then tried to use the key in the manual unlock under the handle but it hasn't been used in years and won't budge a bit. I've tried spraying heaps of wd-40 over and in it but still no use.
The car is a saloon as well so I can't get in through the back so my boot is totally inaccessible
Any ideas?
Thanks

I had a non working boot lock on my daughters Polo, same scenario it was never used and full of all the road dirt etc, to the point that the key wouldn't fully go in. My advice is to persevere with the WD40, I pushed the straw all the way into the lock and sprayed removed it tried pushing the key in, took it back out and repeated the process till it worked. Just keep going with it, it will work, push the straw into one side then the other to flush the dirt out.