Boot size compared to 8P and other Q’s

Spiezels

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Currently selling my S3 8P, got a few options but may just upgrade to an 8V. Is the 8V boot much bigger? Noticeable or not?

I kind of need more space, but could easily persuade myself the purchase was a practical and sensible one if the boots bigger on the 8V.

Also, any buying advice would be great, will be looking for a car with around 20-30k, is there anything major to look for, or work that needs doing preventively.

Al a Water pump and timing chain on the 8P

CHEERS!

Hello,

Recently made the switch myself.. S3 8V has the bigger boot with it been 340 litres of space vs the 8P which has 302 litres.

Major work wise I'd just make sure the S-tronic oil and filter has been changed as well as the Haldex serviced and the Haldez filter cleaned out.
Apart from that don't think theirs much to look out for ? But no doubt one of the more knowledgeable members will add to this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spiezels
Haldex and S-Tronic oil changes as K96 mentioned. 8V facelift uses a better gearbox with longer service interval.

1.4 COD went from 140PS to 150 around 2015 - both good engines and reliable. Some reports of 2018 engines kangarooing at junctions.

Facelift was a big jump forward as it introduced quite a few bits of extra tech.

Specific to 1.8 / S3 engines:

1) Manual gearboxes have weak clutches.

2) Thermostat housing failure - really common.

3) Quite a few pre-facelifts had a metallic rustle/clinking noise under low load 1750-2500 rpm which was improved by a TPI dealer mod to the wastegate.

Audi A3 Sportback boot space
Audi A3 boot space Compared to similar cars
Boot space
with seats up 380 litres / 340l in quattro models
Boot space with seats down 1220 litres / 1180l in quattro models
As mentioned above make sure haldex has been serviced if going for Quattro and same with gearbox if going dsg.

Haldex and S-Tronic oil changes as K96 mentioned. 8V facelift uses a better gearbox with longer service interval.

1.4 COD went from 140PS to 150 around 2015 - both good engines and reliable. Some reports of 2018 engines kangarooing at junctions.

Facelift was a big jump forward as it introduced quite a few bits of extra tech.

Specific to 1.8 / S3 engines:

1) Manual gearboxes have weak clutches.

2) Thermostat housing failure - really common.

3) Quite a few pre-facelifts had a metallic rustle/clinking noise under low load 1750-2500 rpm which was improved by a TPI dealer mod to the wastegate.

Correction - it’s the 1.5 litre 150 PS that some people find has the kangarooing issue, not 1.4.

Also, if car is a facelift with Audi Sound System, most don’t have a control on MMI for the subwoofer. It is fixable but not by Audi. Pre facelift not affected.