Boot sensor problem

hazwill

Reaction score
Hi,
I seem to have developed the dreaded rear wiper leak/boot sensor problem. I have been reading some of the other threads on this and so far I have found that the wiper motor was leaking.

I dried the micro switch on a radiator and it seemed to make some improvement but the boot open warning was still flickering.

I then bought a new boot lock and switch unit but this made no difference.

Additionally I have sprayed the connectors with GT85. I was unsure what the unit to the left of the wiper motor was, but the boot switch cable does feed into it, so I also have it a spray but have not taken it out to dry it, but it may also have been dripped on or sprayed.

At this point I'm not really sure how to proceed. The boot warning flickers on and off and sometimes other things line the indicators and dash lights stop working. Could the wwiper cable have leaked on electronics elsewhere? To me it seems like the boot open signal is messing other things up as they normally do it after about 20 minutes of the boot flickering like crazy. Anyway please help!! Car is a 2007 S3.

Cheers
Will.

I've just had the same problem on our lass's golf pd, what I did is disconnected all plugs in and around the boot lid dried them with a hair dryer. Then sprayed all connectors with wd40, I've removed the useless plastic washer pipe connections and replaced with a 50mm length of 5mm washer pipe. No more boot open warning or alarm triggering in middle of night.

Hope that helps

Hi AEX, think I may have solved it. Took the D/S quarter panel trim off and the big yellow plug into the convenience unit had some beautiful looking corrosion. Cleaned it all up with WD40 and a toothbrush and working great now. Next though is to sort that pesky washer pipe out.

400d7f47ac65d5c24c5720c391bd5e01.jpg

For all audis great designs there sure is some pathetic ones.

Yeh does seem a bit dense to run water above electronic components