boot pop?

smartycfc

Reaction score
Hi guys.. anyone done the boot pop mod? Im sure theres loads. If so anyone mind putting up part numbers I need please. Rang tps but they dont seem to know what I was talking bout. Had it on my r32 and is very handy. Cheers

I assume its where the struts on the boot open the tailgate fully as soon as you press the button on the fob or handle.

Yes it's basically stronger struts plus the two black knobbly bits the boot sits on when closed are spring loaded. It's very handy when you need your boot open and haven't got a free hand. Someone must of done it lol. TPS is where I got the new struts and spring loaded stoppers but they need a part number.

Yes it's basically stronger struts plus the two black knobbly bits the boot sits on when closed are spring loaded. It's very handy when you need your boot open and haven't got a free hand. Someone must of done it lol. TPS is where I got the new struts and spring loaded stoppers but they need a part number.

I'm interested in this mod now aswell.

had a quick search came up with these part numbers:

2 x 6Y0 827 550 C (Skoda Fabia gas springs)

2 x 1K8 827 761 C (Scirocco bumpers)

2 x 1J6 827 439 A (Seat Leon ball pins)

?

Ok cool, who's gonna be the 1st to try it lol. I'm going holiday tomorrow or I would, I'm back at the weekend so let us know how you get on.

I would also love to have this. I've seen it for the MK5 Golf I think but came up blank for ours

I'm sure I read somewhere that it can't be done on an A3/S3, I could be lying though as it was a long time ago.

Also read a thread, regarding this mod on an MK5 Golf, about it people having trouble with the locking mechanism on the boot due to the stronger struts.

Would be a good mod if it could be done safely.

those parts if i remember corectly don't fit s3. have a search around.

Anyone have any luck on this? My pal with a mk4 r32 reckons the one his used on his would work on mine as there spring loaded and the give them the extra push they mite need. I've ordered a set as they were only £15 delivered. Will a temp to fit them this Friday and post results

I'm sure I read somewhere that it can't be done on an A3/S3, I could be lying though as it was a long time ago.

Im sure i remember reading that the stronger struts end up bending the metal that they sit on, rather than opening the boot, which screws it up completely. lol.

Reactions: leeds2592
Im sure i remember reading that the stronger struts end up bending the metal that they sit on, rather than opening the boot, which screws it up completely. lol.

Exactly what I came here to say. I was interested in this a while back but then discovered loads of people complaining that it just knackers things eventually due to the strength of them. I can't remember specifics but it put me right off!

Exactly what I came here to say. I was interested in this a while back but then discovered loads of people complaining that it just knackers things eventually due to the strength of them. I can't remember specifics but it put me right off!

Glad to hear I wasn't just making it up then :laugh: