Boot opening problems

macg73

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having problems with an Audi A3 sportback (2007). When I sit on the drivers seat or close the drivers door the boot unlocks itself. This doesnt happen everytime but happens enough to be an annoying problem. It has been into the audi garage several times and they cannot find a fault. They have replaced a boot catch plus several bits of wiring ( sorry unsure of which bits of wiring), but it is still happening. Any advice would be very much appreciated,

Thanks

Hi

Just read your fault with your boot my 2003 S3 has just started doing the same, have you had any success in finding the fault.

Thanks

Darron

Urrmmm thats interesting one, convenience module I'd say is a possible as this controls the locking coding & rear boot lid lock etc, common modules they both use, its hidden in rear drivers quarter, maybe shorting on the lock, drivers seat is a strange one as seat belt warning system has seat sensors in so it knows when to warn, but the sensor is only installed in the passengers side, not drivers, have they checked the seat wiring as this could be shorting & it all connects via the onboard control module anyway aswell so could also be this known to them as J519 on schematics