Boot opening from inside and key fob

Fossil23

Reaction score
Opening my boot on my 2017 S4 Avant seems different from what the book says, unless I'm reading it wrong.
If car is locked when I press boot on key fob the boot will open.
If car is unlocked when I press boot on fob the boot clicks, opens a few mm then closes, if I press the boot fob again the boot then opens.
Sitting in car if I press the boot button on the door the boot then opens, but the book says if you hold the boot button for more than 1 second the boot will then close, mine won't it just makes a clicking noise at the boot,
How has everyone else got on with this? Thanks, Simon.

One click of the boot button on the fob will just unlock the boot, you have to press and hold the button to fully open the boot. You can't close the boot from the fob unless you have the advanced key.

You can close the boot from the switch on the drivers door by holding it up but I think the ignition has to be on, not sure tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think to close the boot from inside the car must be in park or handbrake on or something but it definitely should work.
As MJ says, with advanced key you can close the boot from the key fob but you must be much closer than you need to be when unlocking. For example I can open the boot from twenty feet or more away but have to be within a couple of foot to close it using the fob. Bit pointless really

So hope I don't accidentally open the boot in garage and damage it lol

You can limit how high it opens by pressing and holding the button on the boot when it's at your desired height. Really useful if you park in a garage regularly as it will stop any prangs should you accidentally press the button in your pocket.

You can also permanently disable opening the boot from the key in the MMI

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJBuk and Spaceman_RS3
I know it is a small point but to my mind's obsessiveness saloon's have bootlids and estates have tailgates. However don't take me too seriously...

Reactions: DarGri
My boot/tailgate will not close from inside using door button, car running or not?? Not a massive issue but strange if others do.