Boot open on DIS - not the normal problem

gaitken

Reaction score
I've trawled through loads of threads about boot sensors issues but can't find the issue I'm having.

My A3 insists on the DIS that the boot is open, when it's not. Now before you all shout I know its common but the twist here is it's NOT setting the alarm off. Locks fine with the central locking, restart the engine and same flashing boot open picture but never triggers the alarm.

A few months ago the wiper was buggering around so stripped it down, cleaned it up and cleaned the boot locks etc. Result wiper works and the boot light, which I'd been too lazy to get a bulb for, started working again.

Skip to this week, annoying light, wiper won't work because it thinks the boot is open but no alarming.

I'm happy about the lack of alarm but confused about what to replace. If it's the boot microswitch that's knackered why isn't it tripping the alarm?

Thanks will try that and see what happens, just wondered if the DIS had gotten stuck somehow given the lack of alarm.

I had this on a MK4 Golf, turned out to be a leak in the pipe to the rear washer jet.

Reactions: gaitken
I had this on a MK4 Golf, turned out to be a leak in the pipe to the rear washer jet.

Quite a common problem... Weird its not setting the alarm off though!?

Reactions: gaitken
When I had this it triggered the alarm because it was intermittent - i.e. it didn't permanently report tailgate open -so I locked it up OK with tailgate locked - it only decided it had "come open" later. Maybe if yours thinks it's open all the time it doesn't set the alarm in the first place?

When I had this it triggered the alarm because it was intermittent - i.e. it didn't permanently report tailgate open -so I locked it up OK with tailgate locked - it only decided it had "come open" later. Maybe if yours thinks it's open all the time it doesn't set the alarm in the first place?

Maybe, who knows. It's not making the central locking respond like its open either. So with the boot physically open the car locks the other doors automatically within a few seconds. Step out of the car and wait, with it "thinking" the boot is open and it doesn't lock the other doors.