Boot not opening

Dan_Kno

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the problem of their boot not opening? I press the button on the handle and it makes the noise as if it’s trying to open but having no luck. I even get the warning light on the dash telling me it’s open. Appreciate any help!

I have had this problem and i had to get a new lock fitted due to water getting into it .

OH right I see, was this a big job or a simple fix?
To be honest with you i couldn't say for sure , but i think removing boot doorcard would give you access to the locking mechanism but as to getting it opened first ( if in closed position ) i couldn't say .
Check the wires around it as mine had water damage which cause the dash light to say it was opened when closed but Audi did it all sorry i can't be anymore helpful that this

Thank you for that I’ll take a look and see where that gets me.
Should be straight forward enough only 2 torx screws then the rest you need to pull off as it has spring loaded clips ( check pic ) dont be shy give it a good yank and if tou don't have trim tools ( best invest in some ) get something smooth that can slide into small gap between plastic and steel , be worth covering tip off implement with cloth or like .

Attachments

• 20171113_130528-1024x1820.jpg
    20171113_130528-1024x1820.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 86
Interesting that you can hear the lock operating, try to push the boot lid down under pressure as you unlock it.It might simply be the bottom latch has come slightly out of alignment. This did this on my A4 and all it needed was to readjust and tighten the plate that the lock actually grabs onto. Hope it is the easy fix for you!