Boot mystery

wheymonster

Reaction score
Basically, my boot will only open via the key fob. I have taken the boot apart and everything looks like new... any ideas?

Sounds like it must be the switch in the handle then. Does it still pop open when you turn the key in the boot lock?

Is it a saloon or an avant? (probably doesn't make any difference, but just to be clear)

Mine is the same, it feels as though the handle is seized as you can't "click" it to operate it by hand

Mine is a saloon and i have the electric button release. Boot pops fine with the key in the lock and the fob button so it seems the latch is working fine. Had it apart again and can see any evidence of water and everything looks fine.. its just like the handle isnt actuating the latch to open. I'm also fining it difficult to access the back of the handle. Any ideas?

Thanks for replys

I had a similar problem with my b6. Turned out to be a break in the wiring loom. I figured mine out by opening the boot and holding it at different angles to see when the switch in the boot lid would activate the actuator. Mine started working when boot lid was about 45deg.

Reactions: wheymonster
You can disable the button iirc using the key turned to a certain position.