Boot Liner - Upper or Lower?

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking a boot mat for my car. I bought cheap and that is going back, so i'm looking at the below 2. I've got this Cool Liner "brand" in the X5 and it has stood the test of time.

Question is: Is it upper or lower boot? I'm guessing upper with the battery in the back but wanted to check this would fit well (the detailers are away this week and so i still don't have my car!) in the back of the RS3 and won't have a whole bunch of space around the sides.

I'll probably get the quilted one too but this is more for spillages when the dogs are in the back eg food, water and when the wife is loading up with compost!

Thanks in advance

Hi Ian,

Did you get a liner in the end? I'm also looking to get one so it would be good to hear what you did. Thx

Hi Ian,

Did you get a liner in the end? I'm also looking to get one so it would be good to hear what you did. Thx
I got a cheap one that's going back. It was too thin and didn't have a rigid lip like I wanted (might suit others).

So I've got another one coming for £36 from an eBay seller from Aberdeen. I'll let you know how it is and post some photos when it's here.

lol - that's the same one I've been looking at. It seems decent and claims to fit the RS3 so fingers crossed!

lol - that's the same one I've been looking at. It seems decent and claims to fit the RS3 so fingers crossed!
It looks identical to the 'cool liner' one i have in the X5 which has lasted 10 years and is nice and rigid. Will hopefully arrive this week.

Just buy the Audi one, a few quid more for way better quality and a proper fit is hardly going to break the bank on a sixty plus grand car.

Alternatively, you should do what I do - on collection, ask for one and every time I have done that with a new Audi, I got the boot liner free. The wife's new TTS, we even got free rubber floor mats thrown in when we collected that.
Which Audi one are you referring to?

It's torrential here so i ran out and put it in for a quick photo.......The back edge and sides are good. But the front lip as you can see will need some teasing in to place. That's because it comes flat / rolled up. It's much better than the £17 one.

Also because i have the boot liner under it it's not taking the contours of the boot. But when it stops raining i'll go out and move the boot liner out the way and place the tray. But will do for our needs.

This is the cool liner one
(add it to your watch list and you will get offers on it)

This is the one i bought.

Original 0fe809b1 4ab8 4709 9a78 d266788b715d PXL 20221006 144746054