Boot lid wont open please help!!

matt blowen

Reaction score
Hi there i have a audi a3 2004 1.9tdi, my boot lid wont open, ive tested the unlock switch and it works but when i press the boot button on the fob nothing happens, also when i eventually get the boot open from the inside the boot interior lights dont work? Any help greatly appreciated

All fuses are fine, has the catch got anything to do with it as the two points coming from it was corroded but i have cleaned them up and checked for continuity and all seems well?

A: Has it ever worked since you have owned it?
B: I know on mine I have to hold down the boot release button on the key fob for a couple of seconds for it to open.

Havent had the car long, it didnt work when i bought it. Ive tried holding the button down, thing is if i was to press the boot button on the fob the indicators dont flash?

Havent had the car long, it didnt work when i bought it. Ive tried holding the button down, thing is if i was to press the boot button on the fob the indicators dont flash?
------------------
Hmmmm not sure if my indicators flash if I'm just opening the boot. I'll try it tonight when I get back to the car.
Sounds like fuse/wiring as previuosly stated above :(

On mine you have to press the unlock button 3 times to unlock the boot, then open it with the handle switch.

The boot button on the fob has to be held for a couple of seconds to open the boot. Just my two pence.