Boot lid lights (external not internal)

MalcBar

Reaction score
Hello I have an A4 B7 2.0 My boot lid lights have all stopped working. I initially thought was just the number plate lights but having replaced them and still nothing I have noticed the (possible) fog lights are no longer working either. I habe checked all fuses that are in the drivers side panel behind steering wheel and they all seem ok. Is there anywhere else that I should be checking and if so what for?

If you have a multi meter you could check if there is power getting to the back connections perhaps?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Its properly broken wires in the boot loom, not sure if you have saloon or Avant,
on my saloon the wires are in the rubber tube on the left had side when you open the boot.
What happens over time they break, the biggest wire the ground on mine broke, on inspection some of the other wires were about to break.
So I cut all the wire out and repaired with silocone wire, which bends more easily.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Water ingress is the enemy of all rear lights, over time. Terminals tend to corrode, particularly on the number plate lights, that leads to all manner of shorting issues. My rear number plate lights were a sad long story of finally getting sorted. The rear lights were a simple matter of swapping out for new units.