Boot keeps unlocking its self

fullpower

Reaction score
First noticed in the mornings when unlocking the car and starting it the display would show the boot open and sure enough it was open , so I would close it and it would stay closed but now it has taken to popping it self open and going crazy trying to lock/unlock some times ages after I've parked it. Locking with the key seems to stop it but I'd like sort it as I know long feel confident leaving tools in the back or whatever as it may open when I'm not there. Xreg tqs

You cleaned the latches/manipulated them and given them a good spray with lubricant?

I'd got into my head it was electrical issue il give it a go can't do any harm .

Mine did this a few weeks ago.

I Unplugged the buttons and it stopped, so i bought two new buttons and thats cured it.

Well I tried to have a look at in the rain got soaked got no where or at least I thought , it hasn't happened again sInce I got soaked must of just needed a clean .

Reactions: Tfsi gone
Wait, yours actually tells you when doors are open?

Mine doesn't. It doesn't even put the interior light on when I open the driver's door (the others work), and the boot light doesn't work either! :whistle2:

Reactions: fullpower
probably a faulty microswitch on the drivers door (and maybe the boot too)

Its one to be careful of, as if you unlock the car, the car will relock itself after 5 minutes or so if it doesnt see a door getting opened. Not unheard of for someone to open the door, put their key on the seat or in the ignition then shut the door to go fetch something and find the cars locked itself because the door switch is knackered!

Depending on the age of your car, it might not tell you if the doors are open. If you have an analog clock, it only tells you about the boot. If you have a digital clock it should tell you about all four doors.

Analogue clock, and yes, it does keep locking itself after a while. Even if I sit there with the boot open or the driver's door open!

I've just gotten used to it as I can't even figure out where these switches are!

yeh models with analog clock dont show you the doors are open, only the boot (if your switch worked :p)

The boot switch isnt tooo bad to get at, the door one is seriously buried inside the lock mechanism though.

Think a clean fixed it? Audi electrics are not all bad...

It started doing it again, its now back to unlocking the boot when I unlock the car but no crazy locking unlocking malarkey. Well at least I have something to keep me occupied over the weekend,.