Boot hooks/ties.

A

Arnie2007

Hi guys.

In my Golf, and I'm pretty sure the estates would have them, I had 4 chrome luggage hooks in the boot for me to put a luggage net in. I used this a lot as I carry quite a bit of stuff around. Thing is, my 2007 A4 (saloon) doesn't have them, and I really could do with them as I'm sick of things rolling around if I do the ruddy shopping :lol:

As my A4 doesn't have them, can they be fitted? I don't mind trimming carpets etc, but want to make sure the fittings would be there for them-but also, I don't know where they would be located in an A4 saloon.

Anybody help me out?

Cheers!

NB: These are what I mean:

url=http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mIfo2wc141bnFdwbg5Xjk_Q.jpg

The fittings should be there. A pair of screw holes in each corner, under the horizontal edges of the side carpet. I cut mine with a sharp knife, and fitted the chrome rings just like the ones in the link. Took me less than half an hour.

Reactions: Arnie2007
The fittings should be there. A pair of screw holes in each corner, under the horizontal edges of the side carpet. I cut mine with a sharp knife, and fitted the chrome rings just like the ones in the link. Took me less than half an hour.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

You'll find the mounting points by touch if you feel along the edges of the carpet trim. Offer up one of the brackets, and you'll figure out where to cut. If I get a moment tomorrow, I'll take some pics and post them up for you.

I'd appreciate it, would be very kind of you!

Thanks,
Dan

Here you go:

Overview:
P1000558_zps074fc3c2.jpg

Nearside rear:

P1000559_zps294d7688.jpg

Offside rear:

P1000560_zps04ba2395.jpg

Nearside front:

P1000562_zps299a6e46.jpg

Offside front:

P1000561_zps49c446f6.jpg

And here's what you'll see when you've cut the trim. The eyebolt slots down onto the two holes, and is secured in place with two T30 torx screws.

P1000563_zps5dc7fbf6.jpg

Oh, and of course, you'll need a cargo net.

Hope that sorts you out. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks very much, really appreciate that. I had a look this morning and found the mounting holes. Need to go to a breakers yard now and grab some of them: they look identical to the Golf ones so I know of a yard that had 5 or 6 Golfs last year and a couple of A3's (no A4's though!), so I'll take a trip out on my week off.

Thanks for the pics, much appreciated! No more cartons of Milk or tools sliding round the boot!

Just a quick question... How flush do yours sit? The ones just behind the rear seat don't quite sit flush with carpet/liner. Feels like there should be something under the liner to push it against the underside of the ties.

It doesn't look bad, but thought it might be a slightly better fit than that. And you're right: you need a VERY sharp knife, that liner is tough stuff!

Just a quick question... How flush do yours sit? The ones just behind the rear seat don't quite sit flush with carpet/liner. Feels like there should be something under the liner to push it against the underside of the ties.

It doesn't look bad, but thought it might be a slightly better fit than that. And you're right: you need a VERY sharp knife, that liner is tough stuff!
I don't think they're meant to be flush. I cut the holes slightly smaller that the external dimension of the eybolt, but big enough for the "bowl" part to drop in and screw down tight. That way, the eyebolt sits on rather within the liner and there are no unsightly gaps.

Ok, I get what you mean. That's the same as mine. I cut the holes *fairly* tight. It not enough it would seem.

I've got some leftover bits of underlay from my recent carpet, so I might cut some and put either side of the 'bowls' to push the liner up. I think I was expecting a flush factory fit, but if yours are like that too then I can live with that!

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: jdp1962
Just realised, if you look closely at the last pic, the one with eyebolt removed, you can just make out the rectangular indentation of the external dimension of the eyebolt, quite a bit outside the cut area.