Boot Beeping

Gwalker2272

Reaction score
I currently have a 2017 A4 Allroad and keep having problems with the boot opening.

It releases as normal but then beeps straight away and shuts. It doesnt seem to open it just releases and pops up slightly, beeps and then shuts.

I then have to press which ever button again to get the boot to open.

I thought it might be when I try open the boot with the key but it also does it which the boot release on the drivers door and also the boot lid.

It doesnt do it everytime seems to be more tbe first time i open it after the car has been locked.

Anyone else had this or any ideas as to why.

Mine does this when I leave the key in the boot by accident after the car is locked. Stops you ending up with the key locked in the boot, don’t know if it’s the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume it wont shut if the key is in the boot. Mine just doesnt open.

It does it when I am walking upto the car so dont think its anything to do with the key being near the boot

I presume it wont shut if the key is in the boot. Mine just doesnt open.

It does it when I am walking upto the car so dont think its anything to do with the key being near the boot

No, that sounds like something different then. Don’t really know I’m afraid, maybe someone else will have a better idea of what it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything fouling the mechanism or any ice build up? Mine will do the reverse of what you are describing when closing the boot if something gets in the way. Any chance your battery isn't getting fully charged as well, the manual does say that certain things may stop operating if there isn't enough power.

Mine can also be a bit less than 100% reliable for opening. Sometimes mine just pops open a bit without the power lift activating but that happens maybe 1 in 20 times.