Boot 12v outlet - anyone got one?

I

imported_G4JSG

I bought an ex demo A4 b6 and although it has some nice things and features there isn't a 12v outlet in the boot.

I bought a flip out one from www.vagparts.com but wanted to know if anyone has a factory fitted unit if they could tell me, or take a picture and show me, where it is fitted so I can make it look standard fit but also use the standard loom wiring which I suspect might be there to connect into??????

Thanks
John

Whilst talking to some US owners about the boot hooks, one of them took this piccy
DSC05322-vi.jpg

You can see the location of the factory fit power supply.

I'll be interested if you find a loom already there. The Bose amp is just behind that section so there's definately power there on mine but I'm not sure whether to do this or not.

Brilliant. My task for tonight then is to see if the loom is there.

Watch this space. At least I have the correct part anyway, it looks identical to the one in the picture.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
No loom there for the 12v socket.

I had a look on the other side and there is more space here, a nice earth point too. I'll run a line from the battery to the boot and put an inline fuse on it.

Thanks anyway folks
John

Won't it be either upside down or opening towards the seats if you put it on the left?

It won't be upside down but will face the seats, my thoughts are it won't be accidentally broken off this way if it does open and something in the boot catches it as you put things in????

John

True...just be careful when you pull things out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My car has the 12V outlet in the boot also, but it is an Avant, 2004 model B6. LEt me know if you need anything in the way of pics and I'll see what I can do. The amp and so on is just rearward of the power port.