Boost problem please help

dave5551

Work in progress
Reaction score
Yep Iam here once again as you lads have helped me every time. I just fitted 440cc bosch big greens on my s3 bam and now she's only boosting to 5 psi anyone know if they will be the problem and will the car over come the problem as I'm getting a custom remap next weekend of her. Cheers lads

440 big greens are not the best injector in the world for an S3... crap idle and they don't fit the bungs well... the problem you currently have is you are running bigger injectors than the map knows what to deal with and will be pulling fuel out...

I would scan for faults in the first instance...

Why have you fitted larger injectors? have you got a hybrid?

<tuffty/>

No mate I haven't got hybrid would you say there's no point In them was told I would get more out of the map with bigger injectors with all my other mods aswell

Full spec of car?
You would need the car mapped to suit bigger injectors i think

Full spec Is 3 inch tip, turbo back exhaust with decat, k and n cone, recric dv, front mount intercooler, 4 bar fpr, n249 delete and catch can plus the injectors

If you actually 'need' bigger injectors you have the wrong ones anyway... Bosch 550's are the best ones to have for this engine/ecu...

You won't typically need bigger injectors unless you are pushing past 290hp tbh... your tuner should be able to work out if you are maxing your current injectors through logging IDC

As daz said, full spec would be useful..

<tuffty/>

You shouldn't need injectors for that spec and you definitely don't need a 4bar FPR... fit the 3bar FPR back and also std injectors... take the car to be mapped and get the tuner to log IDC... if you are running out of fuel (and don't confuse a failing pump with lack of fuel) then get Bosch 550's and get them mapped in as they will not run properly unless scaled in the map..

Also... scan for faults so we can see if we can sort your lack of boost out

<tuffty/>

I was told by revo to get the 4 fpr cause I was going stage 2 but now am getting custom and the tuner am going to knows all the mods. Do you think with them knowing it would all come together and be running right or you reckon go back to stock

Revo told you this?? jeez.... They used to spec 4bar for early K03 tunes but never for S3's... don't know why they would suggest this... 4bar FPR's are pump killers and not required at all...

I read the second bit of your question three times and still makes no sense lol

As I said in my previous post... refit the 3bar FPR and refit your std injectors...

Ok mate. No I was just saying with the fpr and injectors on would the map fix how she's running or is it just best to go back. Do you think I will see the same gains once she's mapped

A map won't 'fix' problems... 'fixing' problems does that... establishing what the problem is would be the first port of call... software doesn't change... I assume it ran ok before fitting the injectors so you need to go back to basics... refit the std injectors and 3bar FPR... fix any problems you still have then once done get the car mapped and enjoy... if you have running problems then its hardware related and no map can 'fix' that...

<tuffty/>

Ok mate will do that then see what happens cheers for the help lads will let you know what happens

Ignore me i just seen tufftys last post and my phone wont let me edit!!!

Just been on the phone with the guy that's going to tune her he says it's the injectors that are the problem they have put the ecu all to pot that's why she isn't boosting properly and is idle funny as he's seen and heard this loads around here. Cheers tufty and daz for the help once again legends

Just make sure its running sweet before she goes in.
Some people will literally send you away unless its entirely running sweet! Meaning a waste of time fuel and money.
it would be extremely annoying.

Yeah mate the tuner is sound like he's wanting her to be put through all the diagnostics before hand to make sure that's what it is. Fingers crossed it is and I will be seeing some nice nice bhp figures. Cheers again lads

Ebay them or stick them in the forum classifieds they will sell.
Defo update!!!

Full spec Is 3 inch tip, turbo back exhaust with decat, k and n cone, recric dv, front mount intercooler, 4 bar fpr, n249 delete and catch can plus the injectors

4bar fpr AND 440cc injectors?
who on earth is giving you this advise on std k04???

jeez

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Phone revo and ask what you need for stage 2 and they will say get a few others things plus a 4 bar fpr and to be honest seen the injectors and thought why not get them and see what different they make but big mistake on my part there. Injectors are back to stock just need to find my old fpr but she seems to be back to normal for now still not seen the boost level yet as ain't taking her for a spin till Saturday when she's getting mapped after full diagnostics

It's getting custom now mate. But originally was meant to be revo. The thing that did this to the car was the injectors and as you's have told me you don't need them unless running hybrid or bigger so now that's why my cars gone Into this limp mod thing so therefor not boosting right. The tuner doing the car says he can sort it once he has it with the stock injectors in as long as that was defo the problem if not I guess it's just me being to keen on more power and not looking into it properly

Here the email I received from a revo dealer that was meant to do my map.
To have a Revo Stage 2 the vehicle would need at least a turbo back exhaust system with either sports cats or decat and 4 bar fuel regulator. Preferable to have a larger intercooler and will require to be run on premium grade fuel. Should see 290+ BHP and cost is £399 + VAT. Launch control is available in certain circumstances for vehicles with a DSG gearbox and special software.
Regards,

Here the email I received from a revo dealer that was meant to do my map.
To have a Revo Stage 2 the vehicle would need at least a turbo back exhaust system with either sports cats or decat and 4 bar fuel regulator. Preferable to have a larger intercooler and will require to be run on premium grade fuel. Should see 290+ BHP and cost is £399 + VAT. Launch control is available in certain circumstances for vehicles with a DSG gearbox and special software.
Regards,

That explains everything... generic reply FTL... 290+ hp and DSG box has to be a joke... 290hp is the holy grail of 8L S3 power realistically requiring an engine in excellent condition and all the mods you can throw at it... DSG boxes aren't even fitted to 8L's (as I would have converted mine ages ago if they were lol).... and a 4bar FPR was originally specified for K03 turbo'd engines for the stage 2 maps which in reality wasn't required...

That email is soooooo wrong... :)

<tuffty/>

Is there a way to do that in the car tufty as it is getting done Saturday as I believe it's gonna be a long day with the tuner.
Yeah that's the email only reason it says about dsg is cause I asked about getting a launch set up. What figures do you personally think I should be seeing with my mods and the custom map as you do know a hell of a lot mate. As the guy tuning it believes he can produce 280 easy maybe 290

Launch control is not standard on ME7.5 ECU's like it seems to be in the later ones... there are only a few tuners that can do 'launch control' on ME7.5 based ECU's and its quite hard on engine components...

I couldn't realistically predict a figure dude... really depends on condition of your engine... they vary so much these days but at least with a proper custom tune you will get he best your engine and supporting mods will allow...

Typical issues revolve around tired turbo's, leaks, worn rings, worn turbo seals etc... all this will mean less power... the mods are only part of the equation

Bill had a Leon Cupra R in the other weekend for a stage 1... very healthy engine but std rods... made 270hp with boost profile tailored to ensure torque wasn't in the lottery zone...

https://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd...3463/586716024779820/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Thats had a FMIC, 3" turbo back exahust and a Badger5 80mm TIP from memory...

<tuffty/>

Let's just see what happens on Saturday will be sure to keep you guys updated cheers for the help

Just to let you all know that the injectors were the problem they put the car into a limp mode so all has been fixed and there back to stock. Cheers for the help