Boost & ME7 = :-)

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

as some of you know i had revo stage 2 software loaded on yesterday.
on the way home my boost gauge was reading 27-28 PSI which i thought is abit much and also my clutch started slipping when at that amount of boost.

I have downloaded ME7 and turned the boost down to 95% the boost gauge is now peaking 21 and holding 19 - 20, also my clutch has stopped slipping. yey.

I might try 96 and 97% later on to see what the gauge reads.

Do you guys think i need a new clutch or was it to much torque for the clutch to handle?

Do i need to adjust the fueling with the revo sps box as the boost is down?

What would the right amount of boost be for stage 2 map? i.e. peak and hold..

Hi Guys,

as some of you know i had revo stage 2 software loaded on yesterday.
on the way home my boost gauge was reading 27-28 PSI which i thought is abit much and also my clutch started slipping when at that amount of boost.

I have downloaded ME7 and turned the boost down to 95% the boost gauge is now peaking 21 and holding 19 - 20, also my clutch has stopped slipping. yey.

I might try 96 and 97% later on to see what the gauge reads.

Do you guys think i need a new clutch or was it to much torque for the clutch to handle?

Do i need to adjust the fueling with the revo sps box as the boost is down?

What would the right amount of boost be for stage 2 map? i.e. peak and hold..

My stock clutch has taken for the last 7 months 300+ ftlbs, and currently is 330. Might be time for a new one bud.

I did a full rev launch a few month ago and my car stood still, and clutch smoke everywhere, months later it still pulls like a train...go figure ....

Same, I did exactly that. Whoops. I told myself I would never do that again.

westle did you have to put the vcds settings back after you finished messing with unisettings? or in other words have you tried your vcds since?

See my progress thread Dave, just been out for a spin......

I didn't need to put the setting back to use VCDS so i've left it unchecked. I think it's an ECU setting anyway.