Boost Machine

pablo

Reaction score
Seen that a few people have used this during a search but not really finding any feedback on if its good or not.

Anyone care to chip in?

cheers

yeah I remember looking at this a while back. Not too sure either on what people on here made of it. Not sure if many have it installed, it's basically a boost control unit right? Like what ChrisS3 has on his but the Apexi one (I think)??

for the revo stage2 map.

eventually.

boost machine parts on back order with no ETA so went for a greddy profec B controller instead.

a7_1.JPG

lol, what's wrong with controlling boost with your right foot and letting the ECU/N75 work the rest out?

because its making a mess of it. sometimes Ill boost to 1.1-1.2 bar then other times to 0.5bar. Will be doing other mods also btw inc all new hoses and pipes.

allows some flexibility in setting boost levels too without going mad

DavidR put a boost machine on to the S3 he bought off Ess_Three. I think Glen mentioned that it made a few extra bhp but lowered the overall torque figure as it removes the spiking. It's not an independant "boost controller" as such, it works best with an N75 valve (J if you can get away with it).

Defratos said:
yeah I remember looking at this a while back. Not too sure either on what people on here made of it. Not sure if many have it installed, it's basically a boost control unit right? Like what ChrisS3 has on his but the Apexi one (I think)??

The Apexi is a clever bit of kit, well work a google hunt.

I have the Modshack Boost Machine and reckon it's a worthy mod. Main reason I installed it was to get rid of the surge you get post chipping. The surge was a pain in traffic as it happened mostly in first and second gear. With the BM you're able to dial in how quick the boost kicks in so turning it down a little you get more of the stock boost onset but at the same time you can dial in more boost. I think standard APR boost is 1.4 bar but with the BM I've turned it up to 1.5. I reckon the BM is a better option than just changing the N75 as you can do everything a different N75 does and a lot more with a BM.