boost leak

s3ollie

Reaction score
hi, just had my car remapped last week and it was making a whistling noise as the turbo spools from about 3-4.5 k revs.

I thought this was the DV so changed it for the latest OEM update but the whistle is still there.

I wondered if there was a common place for a leak to occur or has anyone had the same problem?

Cheers

Ollie

i guess its not that common then? I will investigate and see what i can find

if there was a leak you would be feeling it in the performance of the car. l say its normal. mines has went through a few changes with different sounds coming ot of them. but in saying that most of mine came from the cai or n75.

Meant to add. What are you driving.

ive got a 56 S3 had it mapped last week and from the first drive i noticed it. it didnt make the expeceted figure on the dyno and I put it down to a boost leak because of the noise. I got the DV changed for the newest OEM one as I thought that was the likley cause as i thought it would be an early one. When I say whistle, I mean like one of those kettles would make when boiling not the woosh/suck of the turbo. does yours do that?

I chaned an O ring in the boost piping and tightend all the clips but its still doing it. Cant see any holes although its pretty unlikley id see it if it were a small hole.

So unless i can find a leak (have to it pressure tested) it looks like it might be on the vacume side.

Is anyone else running the stock airbox with a stage one map?

maybe your PCV is failing?
found my boost leak there.

Hi, just done a web search and its saying its a good idea to change the valve every 30,000 miles, mines done 40,000 so that would sound very possible.

Where abouts would i find the PVC valve

it will probably fail again. go for a catch tank (Forge or BSH) or for a PCV delete plate (BSH). i would recomend catch tank as you'll do something good for your engine.