Boost Leak when Cold? 1.4TFSi

AudiNutta

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After some advice, just noticed when pulling my car out of the garage that there sounded to be a boost leak when the car was up on the higher tickover.

It's a 1.4TFSi 122PS.

It sounded like a pipe had come off, once the revs dropped the noise stopped.. Very strange.

If anybody has any idea, it would be a great help. It's under warranty, but the car has been into Audi enough.

Regards,

Matthew

Reactions: pburv
Can,t help you much but this use to be a problem on the 8p platform with the re circulating valve(dump valve?) membrane splitting.Audi issued countless revisions...Maybe worth posting on the 8p forum?...Sorry can,t help you out...:friends:.

Can,t help you much but this use to be a problem on the 8p platform with the re circulating valve(dump valve?) membrane splitting.Audi issued countless revisions...Maybe worth posting on the 8p forum?...Sorry can,t help you out...:friends:.

That is excellent, thanks very much.

Went and had a listen from cold again, it had me questioning whether it was normal or not because it has persisted this time around.. it's just a very loud blowoff.

I have decided to run it into Audi tomorrow for them to have a listen, it is in on the 27th for a major service but if it has a boost issue it will need seeing to quicker.

I noticed it first thing this morning, never noticed the noise either and I pull it out of the garage the same way everyday.. windows were up the lot. My Dad even came over to see what the hell it was, must be something wrong I am just doubting myself.

Reactions: pburv
Hi Guys,

After some advice, just noticed when pulling my car out of the garage that there sounded to be a boost leak when the car was up on the higher tickover.

It's a 1.4TFSi 122PS.

It sounded like a pipe had come off, once the revs dropped the noise stopped.. Very strange.

If anybody has any idea, it would be a great help. It's under warranty, but the car has been into Audi enough.

Regards,

Matthew
Turbo not on boost at this speed

Reactions: AudiNutta
Could you let us know what was the problem? Mine does the same as yours.

Thanks