Boost Gauge

Jimmy TDI

Pro Tinkerer
Reaction score
Is there a diesel boost gauge out there to match our white dash to buy from the UK?

I've been on Newsouth's site and they sell one, but it would be $86 (£65?) + shipping and inport tax, and I can't find a UK seller for it. Awesome only sell their petrol version, which I don't see the point in buying.

Now Darkside sell two white ones, but one only goes to 20PSI (too low), and the other one goes to 50PSI (far too high), and they cost £75 + postage which is a lot for something I won't be happy with.

So if you have one you no longer want, or can point me in the direction of a UK seller for one it would be much appreciated.

Jim

Surely any boost gauge will do

You can tap it into an egr delete pipe or close to your egr cable of you still have it

I'm unsure of what psi diesels run but I'm sure there will be a gauge out there

Can't help with you with the right boost gauge but love your photo! Lets hope the kid in red is laughing at 6pm today.:D

Reactions: Jimmy TDI
Fitting it isn't a problem as I've got an EGR delete with boost tap, but I want one that is going to match the interior.
The petrol one will work, but it will never drop below 0 into the inHG range, so is a bit pointless in my eyes.

As for boost it peaks mid 20's, then settles down a few PSI. Meaning the needle on the second Darkside one would hardly be moving.

Hi I have the new south vent pod but is a petrol version and its does not bother me about the minus part at all. The only problem is my car boosts to the max on the gauge 30 psi lol so it could do with been a little higher but other than that its great bit of kit.

I take it yours is mapped with other mods to be peaking above 30PSI?

It's just annoying knowing it's out there, but we can't get it over here. I'm going to email Newsouth to get an idea on a final price including delivery, and import tax.

have you looked at Autometer's range, there is a few on there which look nice, Real Steel down London way stock them, or at least used to.
I've used them in the past, and found them to be excellent, can't comment on price though..

I have a few mods its has a full straight through exhaust no boxes or cat hybrid turbo and is mapped and I'm just in the process of fitting my front mount then I'll get a custom map. I would like the diesel one but my petrol one will suffice for now.