Boost gauge ideas for my s3

BennybS3

Reaction score
As titles sais really...I need more than want a boost gauge fitted to the s3 but I'm unsure of where to place it as not too keen on the pillar idea...just seeing where else anyone else has theirs fitted,pics would be helpful too.

Cheers in advanced

you can get air went adapter to fit it in air vent.
i've been waiting for few years now for autopolar to develop module for a3/s3 8p like they did for seat vw and skoda. the idea of having everything in dis is great.they said that it's in development, but it's been so long that i doubt it will ever be developed.

Iv just had a look at this autopolar module and does look mint that be exactly what I'm looking for so don't have a gauge staring me in the face...when was last time heard about them developing one for the s3 mate?

Do you know where I'd be able get this airvent adaptor from??

Osir does air went mounts.
Every time someone asks them they say it's in drvelopment..it's been like that for more than 3years now. So i doubt that it will be released. It seem 8p it's more complicated than vw electronics.

Reactions: xpoweruk and RedDejavu
Defi do make some very nice gauges for dash vent mounting.

http://www.defi-shop.com/products/list/

I've got two...LOL.

The pod mounted one which I've had for a while,from Newsouth,with a Racetech 2.5bar gauge,and the Toucan display reads boost and a lot of other things as well.

Reactions: GGG_666
@S3Alex Where can the Toucan read values, from obd or do we have to have any standalone unit? It looks fine :)

Toucan is very nice for what it does,but it's dedicated to a number of aftermarket ECUs unfortunately,as it's the dash interface for the ECU.

I think for non-pod mounted gauges,the Defi is king.

If you want a multifunction monitor that uses OBD-II,then this is actually OK.

http://www.vi-performance.com/

Reactions: Yekta
I use a newsouth gauge with steering column pod,
826ff58e97fae376deb1a6feef5c6472.jpg

I have a Defi boost gauge in my vent. you don't need the OSIR pod unless you get a 52mm gauge. All you have to do is pop the vent out, remove the air fins and then slowly dremel out some of the inside of the vent until the gauge fits flush
Shift

Reactions: bennyball and S3Alex
Im guessing this is TTS or RS but something like this would be pretty cool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 674
It's fairly straight forward. The kit comes with everything and even comes with some nice piggyback fuse adapters.
I cut my vent to make it fit flush and hey presto.

Reactions: S3Alex
Where did you get the kit mate? Is it just the one guage your running?

It's fairly straight forward. The kit comes with everything and even comes with some nice piggyback fuse adapters.
I cut my vent to make it fit flush and hey presto.

Where u get kit from mate, I wanna do the same on mine
Thanks

I have a Defi boost gauge in my vent. you don't need the OSIR pod unless you get a 52mm gauge. All you have to do is pop the vent out, remove the air fins and then slowly dremel out some of the inside of the vent until the gauge fits flush
View attachment 72387

That gear knob looks so cool!

Does anyone use the osir vent pod with a 52mm gauge? Hoe much air flow does it allow? Is it worth it?

I use 52mm without any pod. Modified slightly mounting bracket supplied with the gauge, after removing all the fins screwed it to the sides of the vent and now I have an airflow and even can shut it if I want :)
Don't have any installation pics, but can draw if there is a need.

Attachments

• IMG_15552.jpg
    IMG_15552.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 856
Check P3 gauge one hefty unit that fits in the ac vent with loads of features.

Is the P3 Gauge worth buying? I really like all its features! Any negatives/problems with it? Cheers.

could I ask you a few questions about it? I'm not yet familiar with gauges. I've been on this website http://www.p3cars.com/shop/audi/audi-a3-s3/audi-8p-tt-mk2-p3-vent-gauge/

I want the multi function OBD gauge, but it also gives me the option to have the Analog boost sensor? Do I need this? I have no idea what it's for -.-

Also it asks what model I need the gauge for

A3
TT
TT-S
TT-RS

I'm guessing A3?

could I ask you a few questions about it? I'm not yet familiar with gauges. I've been on this website http://www.p3cars.com/shop/audi/audi-a3-s3/audi-8p-tt-mk2-p3-vent-gauge/

I want the multi function OBD gauge, but it also gives me the option to have the Analog boost sensor? Do I need this? I have no idea what it's for -.-

Also it asks what model I need the gauge for

A3
TT
TT-S
TT-RS

I'm guessing A3?

Yes you need the analog boost sensor to have accurate boost readings. If you don't go with the sensor you will get ecu boost reading which is different readings (someone has to elaborate on this).

I did opt for the A3 version as it has the same AC vent

Yes you need the analog boost sensor to have accurate boost readings. If you don't go with the sensor you will get ecu boost reading which is different readings (someone has to elaborate on this).

I did opt for the A3 version as it has the same AC vent
I've looked into the sensor today, and I agree. I will be having the sensor for better accuracy. Is the sensor easy to install?

Is the A3 version compatable with the S3, I know they have the same vents but do they run the same ECU/Software?

I've looked into the sensor today, and I agree. I will be having the sensor for better accuracy. Is the sensor easy to install?

Is the A3 version compatable with the S3, I know they have the same vents but do they run the same ECU/Software?
Yes it's very easy. Youll have to tap a vacuum hose and route it to the sensor. The electric side of the sensor just plug into the gauge.

Yes as that's what I am currently running. You can even contact them and ask for different led color.

I went with white font and red bars.

Reactions: millsy4002
Does the sensor sit in the engine bay, or do you have to run the hose into the cab through the bulk head to get the the sensor? :)

That's a bonus then, I've noticed people have got different colour combinations.

Does the sensor sit in the engine bay, or do you have to run the hose into the cab through the bulk head to get the the sensor? :)

That's a bonus then, I've noticed people have got different colour combinations.
It's your choice either have it fitted in the engine bay or interior.

Mine is fitted in the interior as I wanted to avoid any water/moisture on the sensor.

I suppose that makes perfect sense :)!

Would you definitely purchase direct from P3Cars or is here anywhere else that's cheaper as it is pretty pricey. Don't mind either way though

I suppose that makes perfect sense :)!

Would you definitely purchase direct from P3Cars or is here anywhere else that's cheaper as it is pretty pricey. Don't mind either way though
Check USP motorsports. But you won't be able to edit the led colors