Bonnet switch

danger S3

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if the bonnet has a switch that tells the car if its open or not like the doors and boot have so it would show up on the dash if it is open or not?

my boot one wasn't working so I sprayed it with some WD40 and it works again ;)

Yes it does Its a tiny delicate thing mine broke,took bonnet catch off ,glued back together ,still works..

hmmm mine doesn't show when the bonnets open but on the other hand the alarm wont flash if its is open. I shall have a look is it on the catch ?

it a little micro switch inside the catch.

funny you should say that, as mk5 golfs are having problems with these.
as you may or may not know when the bonnet is open or just on the safty catch the wipers/washers dont work. these micro switches pack up meaning the wipers dont work even with the bonnet shut. but if you drive the car over like 10kph they start working. at work were on about the 6th mk5 golf in 3 months being like this!

hmmm mine doesn't show when the bonnets open but on the other hand the alarm wont flash if its is open. I shall have a look is it on the catch ?

yeah its at the bottom of the catch, it has a wire going to it.

I was looking it up on etka and elsa but I couldn't find it on either

Hi, sorry for dragging up an old post, but my a3's alarm was going off the other day and now it seems that the bonnet thinks it's open, alarm wont set and wipers no longer work. I'm assuming the micro switch managed to break itself in the middle of the night - somehow. I have tried the WD40 thing, but still no joy. Should there be a physical swicth/arm on the device? And does anyone know where I can get a new one from and is it easy to replace? I believe the part number is 8P0953236A accord to ETKA. Is it only available from a dealer? Any advice would be good! Thanks.

Does it have a plug attached (similar to the ones used for coil packs, MAF etc.), in which case have you tried just unplugging it?
I'm pretty sure mine was unplugged for ages to no ill effect before I noticed it.. Could be wrong mind you, but worth a try?