Bonnet Apron Anyone?

naughts4187

Reaction score
So on a trip to Skipton this morning the road turned into 4 miles of gravel and 20mph signs. I hung back and still got splattered in stones from trucks and kn**head drivers speeding along and kicking up debris. I now have a delightful speckled effect on the front of my car.

Has anyone seen a front apron for the 8V yet? I know you can get them for the 8P.

Thanks in advance.

So on a trip to Skipton this morning the road turned into 4 miles of gravel and 20mph signs. I hung back and still got splattered in stones from trucks and kn**head drivers speeding along and kicking up debris. I now have a delightful speckled effect on the front of my car.

Has anyone seen a front apron for the 8V yet? I know you can get them for the 8P.

Thanks in advance.

would never use one,they cause more damage than they prevent.rubbing on your paint work continuously

Reactions: naughts4187
would never use one,they cause more damage than they prevent.rubbing on your paint work continuously
Never thought of that! Surely they shouldn't be moving once on though?

do you mean the black covers or the vinyl wrap type,the black covers will always move slightly and will only take a little bit of grit or dust on your body work to cause abrasion.

Moving or not, I think they look crap! :puke2:
Makes the car look American (where they seem to love them)

I've never seen the appeal of 'car bras'. They're designed to protect the paintwork at the leading edge of the car, so preserving it's looks.... achieved by covering the whole lot in an ugly expanse of matte black rubber/neoprene/whatever it is they're made of. Unless you happen to have a matte black car, is this not defeating the object, somewhat?

Always quite fancied a gimp mask for the S3 :sign ot: but in all seriousness, I'm planning a trip to france so I want to protect the car, I don't care what it looks like, it's just for motorways. Around town it's not a problem.

You should have a look into "Clear Bra".. no not something for the women.. lol I think 3M have a good product or any decent wrapping company could do this for you. :)

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
You'd be better with a clear film like 3M ventureshield.

Gimp masks are for weekends , Horses nose bags are for horses , a mask is for Zorro , an apron is for a female cooking and a bra is for their tits .

A small demonstration of the carnage is plastic door edge protectors , OMG.

As said above, why on earth would you protect the looks by covering them up.

The only logical answer is if people want to preserve the condition of the front for when it comes time to sell on - frankly I'd rather have my not look like **** and just fork out for a respray of the bonnet when I come to sell :)

Had one of these on a car many years ago, made the car over-heat, it would come loose and it looked total s###. Go for clear protection wrap or do what I do, (and others have mentioned) get it touched up before you sell. ..

images

If you've still got the chips from your trip to Skipton you might as well just go to France as you are.

Personally, I hate the look of those aprons, bras, and gimp masks on cars.

I have marks all over the bumper of my car, but everyone of those marks represents an enjoyable drive that I had! Thats the way I look at it anyway, cant keep it pristine AND enjoy it properly! And bonnet bras do look horrendous, dont go down that route mate. Some good alternatives suggested above.

Wow never knew blokes felt so strongly about bras! haha
I may pop down to my 3M dealer, 30 seconds from my office and see how much a shield is for the bonnet. Will report back and let everyone know a cost.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
The forum loves/hates, and has strong opinions on bras, wind deflectors, rear wiper deletes, and Personalised Plates.

Have I missed anything out? ;)

Reactions: Simon L, Cymru09, Blackwhite and 2 others
Had one of these on a car many years ago, made the car over-heat, it would come loose and it looked total s###. Go for clear protection wrap or do what I do, (and others have mentioned) get it touched up before you sell. ..

images
What the hell are those things?! Looks like you drove over someone's rubbish :S Do people honestly put those on their cars...?!

Reactions: Simon L
The forum loves/hates, and has strong opinions on bras, wind deflectors, rear wiper deletes, and Personalised Plates.

Window tints, Debadging, Brand of tires. :redface new:

Reactions: veeeight and Simon L
Yeah, I've gotta agree with most of the above.................... 'au naturale' always works for me!

......or to put it another way 'get yer car t*ts out for the boys' ;)

Don't forget the mud flaps veeeight! :cupcake:

Reactions: veeeight
As said already, you're defo better off with something like venture shield. Bras will deflect objects over the car rather than into the windscreen which is good but they cause more damage to the paintwork - much like the cases u get for your mobile phone - take it off and look at the scratches on the back of the phone, same effect unfortunately. And yeah they look ****!