Bodyshop Recomendations in yorkshire area...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
As above realy, Im looking to have a bit of work done on the old girl and the body shop ive always used just dont seem too bothered anymore.
Where can people recomend?
Im after the work doing within the next two week or so.

Thanks

mines in with the old guy at treeton Paul..... will let you know how my £250 paint job looks when it comes back hopefully Friday :)

thats all down one side, boot trim, both bumpers and a plastic weld on the rear......

He seems comprehensive, he asked me for the wheel locking nut on Monday which i asked why he wanted it, because id asked him to spray over the random bubbling in front of the rear arch - Audi are considering paying out on the other side as we speak....he said he's taking the arch liner off to check behind to make sure it wont come back - before he starts the job

will update this thread hopefully with pics.....

Well i think i may have to use him tim, had another 2 quotes today, they where £1400 and £1700, i was like how much.

Wheres the old dude based?

he's in treeton doood near Sheffield airport off the parkway, i'll post the company name once we know how good the job is....

i know a couple who've used him and recommended him..... for reference Audi/VW shop in Hillsborough quoted me £740 last week for roof rails and one rear wheel arch, that was on request of Audi UK for warranty work

No worries, companys just seem to make their own prices up lately.

To be fair tim...
that sounds very very cheap.
Ive been quoted 600 for the the front bumper . and the drivers side of the car. Also the boot trim.
Which im not too shocked at but... they used to have such enthusiasm for the car...
I was told about a company called Bramhalls refinishing in sheffield that are said to be A1 but i havent had time to go there yet.

it does fella but.... i was expecting £600 mates rates from a lad i used to go to school with literally 1/2 mile from my house, he quoted £450 cash...... but i thought for £250 its worth a punt as i had two people who are into their cars like i am, use him....and they couldnt fault his work, he has all the baking facilities and jig etc etc and has been doing this since 1977 ish...... yeah its a garage next to his house (prob fit 3 ramps in if you wanted) but reputation speaks for itself - best to wait and see as obviously i am slightly concerned, if its crap ill have him redo it, if thats still crap then ill pay my mate £450......

worse case is i lose £100, best case is i save £350..... Audi/VW only wanted £740 for rear quarter and roof, £600 for the bumper sounds daft

My quote was £400 for painting the full drivers side and the boot trim.
£600 to include a very stone chipped bumper
I know what you mean regarding reputation.. Tell him to hurry up ! i want to see it !

qah crap, only read your bumper part above haha

no worries doood, ill get pics up, hopefully it will be done tomorrow...... he and my mate both advised replacing the boot trim which i have done, hes also spraying that...£80 from Stoke Audi IIRC, apparently its monkey metal so really no benefit in flatting it as it will be far more prone to going again

if you want a quality job go to impact bodyshop in brighouse there second to non and do a lot of show cars e.t.c also all the bits and bats for khans of bradford who jazz up range rovers and rr phantoms etc,

i get mine done there but get mates rates as my dads mates the forman......

MW Bodyshop - Elvington, York. I rate him highly, had rear bumper done, perfect colour match.