Body work issue (main dealer)

c_tahoe

Reaction score
Image1
Hi,

So I have noticed 3 body work issues on my 2012 A5 which has 36k on the clock and was bought less than a year ago from Salisbury Audi.

One seems to be a colour defect on the left arch near the door, the other the paint seems to have a bit of a bubble underneath and now I have noticed a blend where the horizontal body line goes near the rear arch too. I have only hand washed the car myself and I seem to be coming across issues that were not seen when the car was bought.

When I was in Reading Audi recently the body shop guy came out for a look and said the defect wasn't covered under warranty but they could do the work for me. The second one he says seems to be a smart repair which Salisbury would have done to prep the car for sale to make it look nicer, which seems to have returned. He suggested to call the seller dealer to query it but I am sure they are just going to ignore me and it's 70 miles away so I can't just pop in.

Anyone got any advise or experience with this sort of thing? Does the body work come with some sort of gtee?

I have until 31st July before my year is up....

Thanks in advance

I would sent photos to the dealer sales person you bought the car off , and also ask if they got the repair done and where and state you are far from pleased that it has resurfaced and what they intend to do to get it fixed .

I had exactly this issue when I purchased mine from Leeds Audi.

The first time I detailed it the repair on the back door came away, I knew straight away it was a Chips Away repair.

Took it to my trusted local body shop and Audi Leeds footed the £700 repair, without any quibble.

Try Salisbury Audi first and if no joy go to Audi customer services.

Good luck.

I had exactly this issue when I purchased mine from Leeds Audi.

The first time I detailed it the repair on the back door came away, I knew straight away it was a Chips Away repair.

View attachment 97958

Took it to my trusted local body shop and Audi Leeds footed the £700 repair, without any quibble.

Try Salisbury Audi first and if no joy go to Audi customer services.

Good luck.

****** hell what has it been washed with, sandpaper!?

Reactions: Swanny356
LOL

Always like to finish the polish with a quick Brillo pad for that just sandblasted finish

I was only using a light claybar when the paint came away and this was revealed underneath.

I know you have to key the surface before painting but Chips Away must use an angle grinder!

Reactions: DrEskimo
Looked like they were trying to achieve a matte finish...!