Bobby Singh A4 3.0 TDI build thread

How is the result with 3" dpf delete as this is something I wanted to do on mine for sometime now.

Also waiting for your write up regarding bitdi tune you were doing?

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If the dpf is working well and you have little back pressure then 3" delete pipe doesn't offer more performance on the 3.0TDI.
At best a bit more torque and the ability to stay on WOT for longer before egt correction takes place.

BiTDI work - Yes I've done it and have data but awaiting a power run to confirm figures.
According to logs should be 400hp or maybe even slightly more (stock car with dpf).
I did change a sensor as it was close to the limit.

Thanks
Bobby

Reactions: martinivw and V6_Man
@bobby singh , on the BiTDi is it it worth deleting the cat on the downpipe as well as the dpf's? I've got a Darkside dpf delete pipe on mine, but was thinking the next step would be doubt the downpipe cat too...and another tweak.

@bobby singh , on the BiTDi is it it worth deleting the cat on the downpipe as well as the dpf's? I've got a Darkside dpf delete pipe on mine, but was thinking the next step would be doubt the downpipe cat too...and another tweak.

I wouldn't bother tbh won't make much of a difference, in fact it will be helping with diesel smell.
If you have vcds (?) I can make mail you a template to make some logs. Maybe there is scope for improvement without hardware changes.

Cheers

Reactions: martinivw and Phil.MC
I wouldn't bother tbh won't make much of a difference, in fact it will be helping with diesel smell.
If you have vcds (?) I can make mail you a template to make some logs. Maybe there is scope for improvement without hardware changes.

Cheers
Thanks Bobby, you're a star buddy :thumbs up:.

Must admit that it was to try and prevent fumes in the cabin that I left the cat alone at this stage.

I don't have vcds, but may be able to borrow it though.

I'll drop you a PM if you don't mind.
I've only had the car a couple of weeks, so probably too many questions and not wanting to clog up your excellent thread with it :rockwoot:.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry this thread has become a tuning guide for tuning companies haha

Reactions: desertstorm, martinivw, Sherv and 2 others
February 2019

More information for others that may experience this.
For a while know I've been getting a vibration under my seat, had the wheels balanced but didn't help.
In the end I took a look at the prop shaft and could see oscillation marks on the rubber.

cYkb2yb.jpg

I bought a replacement center support bearing

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222775149133

I tried for many hours to split the center joint but gave up. Took it to Prop Shaft services in Heathrow who tried for a few hours and also gave up.

In the end got a replacement shaft (used), new one is 1.2k.

Hammer time

Off course got to find out why this damm thing wouldn't split:

Cut the prop shaft:

Wc3KZc3.jpg

Joint exposed:

kSAQM42.jpg

CV puller:

LE4RRLB.jpg

Applied plenty force that the bar started to bend:

mtjgRvO.jpg

Out came the angle grinder:

1RDSLIy.jpg

WF5pRWL.jpg

As you can see no tapering on the spline so they really want you to spend the 1.2k

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: martinivw, Misikee, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and 1 other person
1.2k for a propshaft ??, wow. Not something that probably fails too often but not many get to see the torque you put into the drive system. Has a ridge formed on the splines that's stopping it coming apart?. Seems strange that you can buy the centre bearing but then can't split the prop.

Its the same bearing used on the b7 which can be taken apart.
Audi themselves do not list a support bearing, only the whole shaft.

Hello Bobby,
I've just fitted a darkside downpipe to my 3.0tdi,
I now have the fault code p2564 control position circuit low, any ideas on what could be the cause?
Cheers
Dan

Check the connector on the vnt actuator on the turbo. Make sure the actuator is moving correctly . If you get somebody to turn the ignition on and watch the VNT actuator you should see it cycle .

The only thing I would add to Karls comment is remove the rod and check if the vanes are free - if so then time for a replacement actuator I would say.
I can supply these if you get stuck.

Thought I recognised the name! Remember you from the uk-mkivs days. Good to see some old school members still about :)

Reactions: bobby singh
I am also ex-uk-mkivs.net member, not sure if you can tell that from my username!!!

I am also ex-uk-mkivs.net member, not sure if you can tell that from my username!!!

No a clue what your on about haha!

I think I was one of the very few that did a climatronic retrofit, and also put an RNS510 into my old bora lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the dpf is working well and you have little back pressure then 3" delete pipe doesn't offer more performance on the 3.0TDI.
At best a bit more torque and the ability to stay on WOT for longer before egt correction takes place.

BiTDI work - Yes I've done it and have data but awaiting a power run to confirm figures.
According to logs should be 400hp or maybe even slightly more (stock car with dpf).
I did change a sensor as it was close to the limit.

Thanks
Bobby
Hi All,
my ride is the Bi TDI the Bad Boy Mr Singh worked on..
I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to pipe up but there's been some crazy things going on which has meant that the car has had to take a back seat..
what can i tell you about the performance, its truly awesome. the mid range is explosive and the car no longer has that Audi lull in mid drive, it's responsive and to be fair just keeps climbing all the time.
Once properly warmed up, the turbo lag is almost non existent and the pick up is lethal from low down.
In sports mode, well thats another story all together, the engine note changes and the car leeps into action with a sweet engine sound and a higher reving engine that has a very short reaction time and is noticeably differnet that driving in normal mode.
I'm still to get the car onto a proper dyno but once i do i will share the results, as it stands now, what i have is a weapon that pulls like a horse is sensibnle to drive around town but is an excitable beast when my foot hits the throttle.. i would highly advise any other bitdi drivers to talk to Bobby as this is an ultimate transformation and stoppoed me from moving across to an S6 for the forseeable..
Next stage will be a Wagner Intercooler and maybe a switch of suspension from my coilover set up..
20171126 161621

Reactions: Nitro_CR, Radford212, martinivw and 3 others
Thought I recognised the name! Remember you from the uk-mkivs days. Good to see some old school members still about :)

Hello old timers :)
I logged on to uk-mkivs after 2 years just last week.
Still prefer forums than Facebook etc

Cheers

Reactions: martinivw and Meemo
Hi All,
my ride is the Bi TDI the Bad Boy Mr Singh worked on..
I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to pipe up but there's been some crazy things going on which has meant that the car has had to take a back seat..
what can i tell you about the performance, its truly awesome. the mid range is explosive and the car no longer has that Audi lull in mid drive, it's responsive and to be fair just keeps climbing all the time.
Once properly warmed up, the turbo lag is almost non existent and the pick up is lethal from low down.
In sports mode, well thats another story all together, the engine note changes and the car leeps into action with a sweet engine sound and a higher reving engine that has a very short reaction time and is noticeably differnet that driving in normal mode.
I'm still to get the car onto a proper dyno but once i do i will share the results, as it stands now, what i have is a weapon that pulls like a horse is sensibnle to drive around town but is an excitable beast when my foot hits the throttle.. i would highly advise any other bitdi drivers to talk to Bobby as this is an ultimate transformation and stoppoed me from moving across to an S6 for the forseeable..
Next stage will be a Wagner Intercooler and maybe a switch of suspension from my coilover set up.. View attachment 181583
Hey Sean - bro hope you are well?

Thanks for the feedback - lets me know when you need the wagner (I’ll sort it out :) )

I do like the BiTDI’s for everyday driving they are really nice.

Keep in touch

Reactions: martinivw
Hey Sean - bro hope you are well?

Thanks for the feedback - lets me know when you need the wagner (I’ll sort it out :) )

I do like the BiTDI’s for everyday driving they are really nice.

Keep in touch
will do Bobby

June 2019

Haven't had much of a chance to work on my own car recently.
Changed the front and rear pads and discs.
Decided on EBC yellow stuff front and rear pads - seems to working very well.
Front disc managed to source some EBC and rear's from ATE.

uR7IS5y.jpg

ElEEJMG.jpg

RrqbxAa.jpg

Air box mod done - OEM+ look :)

5HZtP7N.jpg

(Before everyone starts drilling their air boxes take some pressure measurements as 99% of the owns won't need this)

I'm also working on something special in the background ;)
More details to follow in the next couple of months (I hope)

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: martinivw, V6_Man, Banger 115 and 4 others
the old girl was fully suspended on a sloping drive when the new brakes went on Bobby, was safe enough lol.
When yr find me a decent Hybrid let me no lol. Good work on P's car

July 2019

Been four years since the last car detail - special thanks to my cousin @teamspb for all his effort:

ctyhQYE.jpg

hfhNbAx.jpg

ESDqH2X.jpg

KkxQBPL.jpg

1dEfx0v.jpg

Hyx5cMN.jpg

For a car with over 150k on the clock he done a great job.

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: martinivw, V6_Man, Horia and 1 other person
July 2019

Been four years since the last car detail - special thanks to my cousin @teamspb for all his effort:

ctyhQYE.jpg

hfhNbAx.jpg

ESDqH2X.jpg

KkxQBPL.jpg

1dEfx0v.jpg

Hyx5cMN.jpg

For a car with over 150k on the clock he done a great job.

Cheers
Bobby

I thought I did a good job on mine, 2008 A5 Paint was hard as nails. Would be interesting to know what pad/compound was used?

Not trying to flip to a detail thread but man that looks good.

We used Menzerna polishes to get the car back to where it should be or as close as and then wiped it all down with Gtechniq panel wipe, finally followed by a coat of CarPro CQuartz UK and then left to dry for 12 hours.

Bobby, any updates?

Also, I have, perhaps, a stupid question, but one I have not gotten a specific answer for. I've got a 3.0 TDI (CPNB in USA)--where is a good location for a boost tap?

I do not see the same type of plug that begs for one as I have seen in the thread. I have a gauge that pulls boost from the OBD port, would prefer an actual manifold reading.

Bobby, any updates?

Also, I have, perhaps, a stupid question, but one I have not gotten a specific answer for. I've got a 3.0 TDI (CPNB in USA)--where is a good location for a boost tap?

I do not see the same type of plug that begs for one as I have seen in the thread. I have a gauge that pulls boost from the OBD port, would prefer an actual manifold reading.
No real updates on the car - approaching 160k now, I have plans for it but zero time to do anything on my own car.
Just been busy with customers cars and construction work.

I think you may have the later engine with plastic in let manifold - I guess you could tap a fitting in something like 1/8 npt.

Reactions: martinivw, Horia and V6_Man
Fantastic thread @bobby singh , just read this from start to finish over the last few days, I actually bought my first tdi (arl) many years ago after seeing your old car on ukmkiv forum. ill drop you an email regarding my cdud mapping :)

@bobby singh I should be sleeping! Instead I'm reading your build thread!
Owned my car less than 24hrs and already itching to start doing bits after starting to read this!

Reactions: Gazwould and V6_Man
January 2020

Been a while since I've done much with the car.
Some maybe aware but I bought a used engine last year with ojective to rebuild it. As I mentioned earlier in this thread the PCP are extermely high and main task I wanted to address is compression ratio. With such high pressures the heads have started to lift when using the power for prolong periods causing coolant issues. The car has 160k on it and still being driven and still performs well.

Here are some pictures of the replacement engine:

FGJPWis.jpg

Ayrk3HH.jpg

Nice to see cross bore drilling:

HXMyu6P.jpg

Heads cleaned & flattened

D8PTrHz.jpg

Valves reseated

q92KjhB.jpg

12.9 head bolts sourced and modified to suit the Audi V6 engines

lNwAZNe.jpg

Piston work

4fJzTv7.jpg

8rrcu8C.jpg

PurN5T4.jpg

CAD drawings are complete with CNC profile set.
If all goes to plan lowered compression ratio will add scope for more power while remaining within PCP.

Vwzc4Za.jpg

TZybtqd.jpg

Bigger CP3 pump

The new pump will take some doing to mount and line up correctly but should be possible - approx 20% more fuel than the current R90

aUQDvRb.jpg

To be continued...

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: martinivw, Misikee, KeirW and 3 others
March 2020

Some progress on the replacement engine.

Pistons all cleaned up:

UaoXe2J.jpg

Machined:

6JSQdXd.jpg

fKjwxCs.jpg

32jlWDE.jpg

Piston installed with fresh rings:

jbj6pIT.jpg

New guides, new chains, new gears etc

anJpYz2.jpg

Heads installed with upgraded head bolts

RaGCj7g.jpg

Next task is to get the larger cp3 mounted for a mock up

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: martinivw, V6_Man, Misikee and 1 other person
Just had my a7 tuned by Bobby Singh and he transformed my dirty diesel bi tdi to a monster of a beast. Can’t praise him enough his knowledge and understanding of these engines inside out.

pushing 420bhp/850nm torque from data awaiting a dyno run to confirm.

everyone that has sat in my car has said WOW THE STOMACH FEELING IS SENSATIONAL. Thanks BSR

Reactions: martinivw, Bishop187, bobby singh and 1 other person
I knew that You where doing something to the engine from Mac, but stil this îs an impressive amount of work.
I would replace the deala in V of.the engine,thoose are prown to fail.

Just had my a7 tuned by Bobby Singh and he transformed my dirty diesel bi tdi to a monster of a beast. Can’t praise him enough his knowledge and understanding of these engines inside out.

pushing 420bhp/850nm torque from data awaiting a dyno run to confirm.

everyone that has sat in my car has said WOW THE STOMACH FEELING IS SENSATIONAL. Thanks BSR

Thanks for the feedback

I knew that You where doing something to the engine from Mac, but stil this îs an impressive amount of work.
I would replace the deala in V of.the engine,thoose are prown to fail.

Hi - what do you mean by deala?
Cheers

Sorry .
All the gaskets in the V .
Pfone îs not set to English and it's autocorecting to what it's thinks.

Ah yes all new Orings from Audi are being replaced. All new front INA pulleys etc etc
In other news the pump fits after some grinding and bending :)
Making new lines for it soon

Reactions: martinivw and Horia
Hi Bobby, wonder If you know whats the difference between nozzles of 1st gen 3.0tdi (bmk, bkn etc) and second gen like CCWA? Is there any difference in spray angle for example etc? Tried to read your thread thru but didnt find if you changed injectors for your 500hp engine setup?

Hi Bobby, wonder If you know whats the difference between nozzles of 1st gen 3.0tdi (bmk, bkn etc) and second gen like CCWA? Is there any difference in spray angle for example etc? Tried to read your thread thru but didnt find if you changed injectors for your 500hp engine setup?

Hi the early v6's run 1600bar injection system plus the injectors were a common failure. CCWA injectors are better and decent size and can make around 420hp.

I'm using custom OEM injectors but for the next stage I've gone complete custom - nozzle, injector body mods etc

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: martinivw, Horia and V6_Man
Yeah I have been running CCWA injectors on my BKN for two years now. Just wondering if they have any spray angle/pattern. Was really pain in the *** to make them work