BMW M235i on order, test drove an RS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen your old rs3 for sale outside GC. How were they to deal with? Up for a deal or just list prices?

GC motors were great to deal with, gave me good money for the RS3, by the looks of it, the rs3 has already sold!

woop woop ... the BMW PR campaign is in full swing again care of ASPORT :)

Reactions: billyali86
He doesn't let up does he.....

Reactions: jimojameso and Snake Pliskin
Can someone point me to the M2 forum as I'm gonna post on there how wonderful my RS3 is :rockwoot:

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Can someone point me to the M2 forum as I'm gonna post on there how wonderful my RS3 is :rockwoot:

TX.

Surely you are joking ... you'd get slaughtered !

They won't be a tolerable friendly bunch like us here at ASN :)

I've had 3 M135i's, 2 auto and one manual so I guess you can say I'm a fan of the car and the brand. TBH I never had any issues with traction unless we had snow, for this I had a winter set up and never got stuck once.

I only switched brands as fancied a change and have enjoyed the S3 I currently own but missed the sound of <4 cylinders hence why my RS3 arrives March 1st.

I wouldn't cancel the M235 order as it really does look great and offers exceptional value, do hope you ordered via TRL though as his deals are amazing !

If you didn't PM me and I'll share contact details...

+1 for TRL. Incredible deals and outstanding customer service. I borrowed a M235i for a couple of days while I was debating my next car. Sold my A5 and thought I wanted to go back to a smaller car. Really liked the look of the M235i. Everything I liked about the 1 series Coupè, but slightly bigger and better proportioned. Also liked the updated front bumper.

Sadly, it was too small and realised I loved the size of my 5 and bought my S5 instead. They couldn't get close to the deal I got on the M435i so that was it. Personally, I prefer the looks and interior of the S5 over the 4 series, but it's certainly a good looking car. Would be over the moon with a M4!

Now I've had Quattro (A5 was FWD) I'm not sure I could go to RWD. It's so nice to know traction isn't an issue....

Reactions: Spin140
Issue with M2 is limited numbers, long waiting list and full list price, the previous model does hold its value exceptionally well though so could be a 'sensible' purchase.

I think I'll be going for one after the RS3..

According to autocar:

The M2 will be produced in much higher numbers than the 1 Series M Coupé. While just 450 1 M models made it to the UK, BMW plans to bring 2000 M2 units to the UK, with the only constraint being the number it is able to produce, although these figures are still being decided upon. In spite of the freedom in production numbers, around 600 orders have already been made for the M2, so the earliest an order placed now will be delivered is 2017, as demand currently outweighs supply.

Reactions: Spin140
So the M2 configerator is now live, first thing to note is that the OTR price of the car is 44k and not 42k as quoted by the mags, so it's 4K dearer than the RS3/A45.
It is pretty well specced as standard though but my car I configured with sun protection, adaptive lights, keyless entry, DCT and harmon kardon came to £48,500.
Things like heated seats which should be standard IMO are £300, there's a few other options such as sunroof that could easily tip it over the 50k, there are other things like seats and interior trim which have no options to tick, the interiors will be identical in each car. A friend has just bought a half decent specced M4 DCT for 52k so really can't see the point in buying the M2.
People will say it's smaller and more nimble, but even the bog standard 2 series is only 20cm shorter, 10cm narrower and is taller than the M4, add the flared bumpers and arches of the M2 and size will be near identical.
As for weight both the M2 and M4 in manual form are quoted as 1570 kg

My M2 is fully spec, all options except driving assistant options, for £47,800, final price all included (all taxes, VATs, registration, delivery...). (not in UK).

Extras: metallic color, DKG, ConnectedDrive Pack, Rear camera, Sun Prot, adaptive lights, keyless entry, HK, alarm, sunroof, bussiness nav, heat seats..., got some good discounts here.

I prefer M2 over M4 because design and size, I think performance will not be so different.
M4 is about £62,000 (discounts not included) with similar M2 options.

(video: suspension still features shipping blocks, sound in confort mode)

Beautiful car!

My M2 is fully spec, all options except driving assistant options, for £47,800, final price all included (all taxes, VATs, registration, delivery...). (not in UK).

Extras: metallic color, DKG, ConnectedDrive Pack, Rear camera, Sun Prot, adaptive lights, keyless entry, HK, alarm, sunroof, bussiness nav, heat seats..., got some good discounts here.

I prefer M2 over M4 because design, size, sound.., I think performance will not be so different.
M4 is about £62,000 (discounts not included) with similar M2 options.

(video: suspension still features shipping blocks, sound in confort mode)

Strange because the one I specced had only sun protection, DCT, harmon kardon, heated seats and adaptive lights and was £48,500. I've been told there is zero discounts availble as they can sell the build slot 10 times over.
You can say the M3/4 is over 60k but it just isn't they are openly heavily discounting them, some as much as 20%. It would pain me to be in an M2 and have an M4 pull up at the lights next to me and know I could have had that for another 3-4K, it's like the RS3 being 34k who would still buy the S3?
The M2 is the same weight as the M4, and only about 15cm shorter, less than 10 cm narrower, and yet is nearly 50 bhp down.
Personally to me it's a no brainer to choose between the M2 and big brother M4

Strange because the one I specced had only sun protection, DCT, harmon kardon, heated seats and adaptive lights and was £48,500. I've been told there is zero discounts availble as they can sell the build slot 10 times over.
You can say the M3/4 is over 60k but it just isn't they are openly heavily discounting them, some as much as 20%. It would pain me to be in an M2 and have an M4 pull up at the lights next to me and know I could have had that for another 3-4K, it's like the RS3 being 34k who would still buy the S3?
The M2 is the same weight as the M4, and only about 15cm shorter, less than 10 cm narrower, and yet is nearly 50 bhp down.
Personally to me it's a no brainer to choose between the M2 and big brother M4

Put like that yeah anyone would be mad to buy the M2.

M4 is a FAR superior car on all levels so for just a few grand more defo a no brainer.

BMW will be LOL-ing to the bank with zero discounts on the M2 :)

I got 18,8% discount on M2

And 1st spot available, bussines dealer relation, not standard deal.

If you managed that level of discount then fair play to you and on that basis of course the numbers stack up.
Why would the Dealer disocunt a brand new car which they know is going to be in high demand by that much though.
It does not make any financial sense - they know they will sell these cars for list so why discount, especially to that degree.
A gesture of a few % I could understand, but nearly 20% !!!
Do you have jedi like negiitiating skills lol ? :)

Lol 18% is a big discount and that makes sense, how come the M2 is the usual price in your country and much cheaper with your discount yet the M4 is way more expensive than any other country?
Not sure the M2 comes with that much more equiptment as standard, the M4 comes with pro nav, 19's etc also the M4 comes with adaptive suspension, nappa leather which you can't even spec on the M2 then there's the CF roof, M mirrors and extra BHP/lbft so spec wise the M4 more than stacks up IMO

Last edited:
I saw a 2 series coupe recently and the one thing which really struck me was how awkward the rear end looked.

It looks really bulbous and weird and was not to my taste at all sorry.

M4 by comparison looks just right with nice style lines and proportions ...

BMW M2 vs BMW M4 comparison 08

Is 20,3cm shorter. Only 1,6cm narrower and a little lighter. There is a noticeable size difference and presence.

50bhp more but just 6 seconds of difference in Nürburgring (M4 7m52s vs M2 7m58s). Do a minimal tuning to M2 (bmw probably limited it a lot to avoid exceed M3/M4) and stock M4s will be left behind easily.

All new model and -£18.900 (for me), no brainer to get M2 instead M4. It's a bargain.

KEmHWgM.jpg

But what if you tune the m4? Apples to apples my friend!

I saw a 2 series coupe recently and the one thing which really struck me was how awkward the rear end looked.

It looks really bulbous and weird and was not to my taste at all sorry.

M4 by comparison looks just right with nice style lines and proportions ...

View attachment 77651

Snake, get your M4 order in, you know you want to :smiley:

Snake, get your M4 order in, you know you want to :smiley:

ha ha lol ......... as much as I really like the M4, after a wait of nearly 6 months so far and my car finally due to start build a week on monday - I think I will be sticking with the RS3 for a few years :)

My prediction for you though - and I am making it here - is that you will be back in an Audi ..... once the TTRS becomes available :yum:

You could be right mate, I think the MK3 tt rs will be an awesome bit of kit. Unfortunately will be too small for me with the young'n!

Its why I sold my last TT RS

In my neighborhood there is a M4. I will compare M2 with M4 size and all angles (I like M4 but too big for me, I prefer M2 size). 20cm shorter and same narrow... I think M2 will look much better.

2f0rb2V.jpg

It looks different in different photos tbh.

It was only when I drove up behind one on the road that I thought the rear end looked ... erm ... bulbous & large shall we say !

I hope you have viewed this car / model first hand and not just gone off photos I guess is all I'm saying ... I'm sure you have but for me the rear end styling in particular was not to my personal preference.

Much prefer this yeah baby :)

Reactions: 45bvtc, xpoweruk and Terminator x
RS3 looks muscular & purposeful with sleek proportionate styling ... Looks 'just right' :sunglasses:

I'm not a fan of the M2 looks tbh

@asport - The last thread that you got involved in with your BMW M2 chat got locked because of your 'behaviour'
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-vs-m2.254740/

I have asked before (on the 24th October 2015) but you continually seem to ignore my request ...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-vs-m2.254740/page-4#post-2587578
... can you keep all your BMW M2 chat to a thread specifically intended for that car
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bmw-m2.255351/

In the interests of fairness I have moved all your M2 posts in this thread to the specific M2 thread this once. Any further of your BMW M2 off topic thread hijacking chat and those posts will be deleted

You must remember that this is an Audi site first and foremost & while we do not mind discussing other makes and models of cars, there are specific area's and thread's for that discussion

Thank you in advance for your cooperation

Reactions: NevMan, jimojameso, Terminator x and 2 others
@asport - The last thread that you got involved in with your BMW M2 chat got locked because of your 'behaviour'
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-vs-m2.254740/

I have asked before (on the 24th October 2015) but you continually seem to ignore my request ...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-vs-m2.254740/page-4#post-2587578
... can you keep all your BMW M2 chat to a thread specifically intended for that car
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bmw-m2.255351/

In the interests of fairness I have moved all your M2 posts in this thread to the specific M2 thread this once. Any further of your BMW M2 off topic thread hijacking chat and those posts will be deleted

You must remember that this is an Audi site first and foremost & while we do not mind discussing other makes and models of cars, there are specific area's and thread's for that discussion

Thank you in advance for your cooperation

Very well referenced. Good work, I will be silent about that topic in this area :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound
No need to be silent asport, just keep your :sign spam: out of the RS3 section!

TX.

Agreed ....... The bimmer PR campaign has its place within the site and we will drop by to monitor progress of your M2.

Your enthusiasm for BMW is without question that is for sure and news you can pass on re audi & facelifts etc will be most welcome - from your vast sources of information :bluecar::car::earthamericas::yes:

Agreed ....... The bimmer PR campaign has its place within the site and we will drop by to monitor progress of your M2.

Your enthusiasm for BMW is without question that is for sure and news you can pass on re audi & facelifts etc will be most welcome - from your vast sources of information :bluecar::car::earthamericas::yes:

Audi Spain about A3 facelift (@ facebook channel):

We're not allowed to say anything, brand policy, but we challenge you to remain vigilant to the Geneva Motor Show where many novelties of this 2016 will be known... :)

288msdf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.