BMW M235i on order, test drove an RS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the idiot filming when he is driving at that speed? BMW drivers eh

People are commenting on the YouTube video that this is a fake, and is actually a 1/235i. Not familiar enough with the dashes in BMWs to know, but worth pointing out.

It's a real M2

This is M235i dash:

attachment.php

And this for M2 (lights being red at night).

attachment.php

About how fast it looks:

M3 (DKG) 140-250km/h is about 15s
M2 (DKG) 140-250km/h is about 16s
RS3 (Auto) 140-250km/h is about 17,5s
1M (Manual) 140-250km/h is about 20s
M235i (Auto) 140-250km/h is about 20,3s
S3 (Auto) 140-250km/h is about 24s

Real tests and comparations will start as soon journalists get M2.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this whole thread be in BMW section? Seems like a thinly disguised M2 topic to me!

TX.

Reactions: jimojameso and ascottr
BMW have hardly changed the dash in 10 years since I had my 330i M Sport in 2006 ... looks almost identical !
Shouldn't this whole thread be in BMW section? Seems like a thinly disguised M2 topic to me!

TX.

and the original poster A4cab has not posted either since listing the thread on 11th Jan so yeah you're probably right mate :yes:

Reactions: ascottr
something needs widening and non-fake pipes to compare... :tearsofjoy:

image-jpeg.77692

9qXsm8b.jpg
What about the fake sound, that BMW play through the speakers... to 'engage' the driver ha ha ha.

M2 doesn't look right. It's an M4 for amateurs. Weird looking back end, proportions are just not right... looks a bit cheap, like the designer rushed it. I bet it wouldn't turn heads, unlike an RS3. And it's a rip off!

And as for that video... ha ha ha... it's ike a 90's hot hatch.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Here it is. Posted video (removed) was the last one, accelerating from 120kmh to 250kmh, with shifts at 7.200rpm.

This is standard stock exhaust. M-Performace Exhaust will be available. The neighbors will like it a lot :sweatsmile:

I wasn't going to compare to avoid post wars, but this is positive for RS3, I think this one sounds good but RS3 stock or sport exhaust is better.

I think it sounds weak. More S3 than RS3

That back end is horrible on the Bimmer !!!!

& yeah I am staggered to learn that BMW play the fake sound though the speakers to make up for the lack of noise from the engine & exhaust ..... sound through speakers is embarrassing for cars at this level IMO.

I saw an M2 on the streets of Munich this weekend. I genuinely am impartial with this (as neither a current or future M2 or RS3 owner) but I turned to see it because of the sound it made, and then I did think it had very good road presence. It looked good, I think - very low and wide, sort of touring car-esque.

I still think their decision to offer 1x wheel option and 1x interior option is a little curious, though.

I like to discuss here because maximum critical dumped :grinning: (sometimes too irrational). I agree about fake interior sound, that's not the best idea for sports car, RS3 is probably better in sound exterior and interior.

But about presence and "turn heads"... is at another level... and proportions and size is perfect for dd sports car, same size as A4 B5 or M3 E46. Although everyone have own preferences here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a pest *** port,
Why you not on m3 cutters or babybmw? You sound constantly like a dodgy Bmw salesman, a just don't understand why your on a Audi forum to tell everyone they should buy a Bmw cause a rs3 isn't nice enough you were ****** getting one not long ago.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
You are a pest *** port,
Why you not on m3 cutters or babybmw? You sound constantly like a dodgy Bmw salesman, a just don't understand why your on a Audi forum to tell everyone they should buy a Bmw cause a rs3 isn't nice enough you were ****** getting one not long ago.

Just for fun :D ignore my nick if you don't like my messages, I add to my ignore list all obtuse ppl unable to see beyond their car. Adding you now, don't expect more replies ;)

I like to discuss here because maximum critical dumped :grinning: (sometimes too irrational). I agree about fake interior sound, that's not the best idea for sports car, RS3 is probably better in sound exterior and interior.

But about presence and "turn heads"... is at another level... and proportions and size is perfect for dd sports car, same size as A4 B5 or M3 E46. Although everyone have own preferences here.

I just don't see it, with the M2. And I absolutely love the M4, it's a great looking and performing car and the only other car I considered when recently buying my RS3.

But IMO the M2 just isn't all that, it's like a budget M4 for people who don't know their apples from their oranges (like ASPORT).

It just doesn't look right, and the package doesn't add up. In my eyes it's the weakest link in the BMW M Series... hardly another level! No way I would buy it, even if it was 10k less...

M4 all the way, if I was to buy a BMW. No point doing things by half.

Just for fun :D ignore my nick if you don't like my messages, I add to my ignore list all obtuse ppl unable to see beyond their car. Adding you now, don't expect more replies ;)

Oh no, Spaceman... how are you going to cope without ASSPOET's replies?

I think most people on here CAN see beyond their cars. We just enjoy laughing at the guy that's so insecure about his choice of M2 that he has to go on an RS3 forum to justify to others how great his choice of car is.

Can't see anyone off here going on the BMW forums, telling the M2 owners how great their RS3's are. And I guess that's because most are pretty secure, and satisfied with their choices. Unlike some eh?

Reactions: NevMan and Spaceman_RS3
You talk balls I like bmws just came from a m135i, great idea about ignore list.

Reactions: NevMan
Thread Locked

We have already done the M2 v RS3 thread & I don't think we need to do it again IMO

Reactions: NevMan, RGBARGEE, Kelza and 5 others
Status
Not open for further replies.