BMW 320d M Sport

L80EWY

Reaction score
Been thinking about trading in the A3 2.0tdi for one of these...anyone got any experience with them ? Would be looking at around a 2007ish model

Having driven a few they drive well although the last one I drove had terrible turbo lag and watch out for the disintegrating turbo vanes.

How would I notice the vanes by test driving one?

Thanks for that mate will definitely check it out if i go for one

Had a 330D in the past. Beast of a car. As previously mentioned, researched your swirl flaps. I had mine removed, typically £100-£200 depending where you go.

Also the DPF (diesel particulate filters) can be troublesome so bear that in mind. Obviously also listen for a Whiney turbo too.

Don't think the 07s suffered with swirl flap problems, think that was sorted on previous years. My bro had a 320d msport tourer, brilliant car in every aspect in my opinion, drove really well. Only thing that was horrible was using it in the snow. Although the traction control systems are way above the audis, in my opinion.

Don't think the 07s suffered with swirl flap problems, think that was sorted on previous years. My bro had a 320d msport tourer, brilliant car in every aspect in my opinion, drove really well. Only thing that was horrible was using it in the snow. Although the traction control systems are way above the audis, in my opinion.

Apparently BMW did redesign the swirl flaps to solve the problem on 07 > cars but reading up there have still been some reports of failures on these later cars.

Cheers people, any of you's know any decent Bm forums ?

I have been running a 2010 320d M Sport since April and its pretty impressive for what it is. Steering and seats are a highlight as is the Pro Nav system with the Music Server/Media system. Ive done 12K miles in it and it has not missed a beat.
Love the running costs too, I reckon I will get 25K miles on the original rubber, £90 pa TAX, Services every 2 year or so.
184bhp from a 20lt derv isnt too shabby neither and even the earlier cars are 177bhp.

In fact I am so impressed with the drive, build quality and ergonomics that I am looking at changing to a 335d as I no longer do the miles and can live with lower mpg. M3 is also on the cards!:cool:

Good luck with the search

Paul