Bluetooth streaming

Furryhobnob

Reaction score
Hi I've just bought an a6 avant Le mans that has bose, the higher resolution sat nav screen, built in hdd to store music etc, first question is how do I delete music that was stored by the previous owner, and I can't find my ami port so I can add a ami to aux cable, I'll then put a Bluetooth receiver on the aux so I can stream music from my phone, is the ami port being used by the 6 cd changer in the glovebox? A couple of pics below, thanks in advance for answering

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mine is located on the top left of the glovebox.

Aux through AMI sucks though, the volume is far too low.

Mine is located on the top left of the glovebox.

Aux through AMI sucks though, the volume is far too low.
Does yours also have the 6cd changer in the glovebox and the unit with sd card slots? I've looked in the glove box and can't see the port

It was an optional extra, most likely not spec'd on your car.

From reading around it seems the ami port will be connected to the cd player? And by removing this I can connect a mmi to aux or something like the below pic, just wanted clarification from someone that has already done it from the same as mine that it will work before I start ripping out the 6 cd changer

That is not correct, you have MMI 3G and for AMI you need a cable that goes from the back of the 5F module and then to the AMI socket attaches to the left side of the glovebox. This is what you need. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...708999?hash=item3f70a39787:g:GBsAAOSwEeFVK9So

If you want to save yourself money then you could build your own cable like I did http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...and-repair-thread.211351/page-13#post-2901541

The CD-Changer module you are talking about is for MMI 2G.

Also after you fit a cable to the 5F module it will need to be enabled via the engineering (green) menu. To enable the engineering menu you need VCDS or similar diagnostic software.

Last edited:
Reactions: Screw90 and Furryhobnob
That is not correct, you have MMI 3G and for AMI you need a cable that goes from the back of the 5F module and then to the AMI socket attaches to the left side of the glovebox. This is what you need. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...708999?hash=item3f70a39787:g:GBsAAOSwEeFVK9So

If you want to save yourself money then you could build your own cable like I did http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...and-repair-thread.211351/page-13#post-2901541

The CD-Changer module you are talking about is for MMI 2G.

Also after you fit a cable to to the 5F module it will need to be enabled via the engineering (green) menu. To enable the engineering menu you need VCDS or similar diagnostic software.
So theres no way for me to stream music from my phone unless I buy or make that lead from your links? I'll have another look in the glovebox tomorrow to see if there's an ami port there

No you need an AMI socket, you would have seen it if it was there it does stick out a fair bit. It was not fitted to every car and it was a £250 factory option back in the day. There are 3rd party hardware but they are either of a similar price or more expensive. Nothing is cheap when it comes to Audi MMI systems.

No you need an AMI socket, you would have seen it if it was there it does stick out a fair bit. It was not fitted to every car and it was a £250 factory option back in the day. There are 3rd party hardware but they are either of a similar price or more expensive. Nothing is cheap when it comes to Audi MMI systems.
So what would be the easiest way for me to get the ami socket so I can then add a Bluetooth receiver to stream Spotify from my phone? Thanks for accommodating my questions too, as you can tell it's all new to me

The easiest way is to buy an AMI cable, and find some local with vcds to enable the engineering menu.

Reactions: Furryhobnob
The easiest way is to buy an AMI cable, and find some local with vcds to enable the engineering menu.
Sorry to drag this up again, do you or anyone else know where I can get the ami fitted to my car so then I could get something like the viseeo tune 2 air adapter to plug into the ami to then stream music, I'm in Leicestershire but don't mind travelling to get this done, thanks in advance